Toribash
Original Post
Multi Clients
Toribash already shows us ingame when some one is using more then one client in a server. Why not just kick (or make them unable to join) from the server automaticly? I dont see the reason why we see it but cant do anything about it ingame only just pm a gm-
Last edited by Shakky; Nov 19, 2014 at 03:35 PM.
Because it isn't forbidden to play from the same network. Multiclienting only becomes a trouble when it's used to spam the room with alts to make it impossible for others to play. Most of the times it's two different people playing from one place.

There's a room option to get multiclients autokicked anyway, I suppose it's not used regularly for the reason I mentioned above.
I always thaught it is forbidden to play agains each other with (MC) in official Servers and im pretty much sure i see from time to time something like this in the qa rooms.
Last edited by Shakky; Nov 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM.
Multiclienting used to be illegal several years ago when you could gain qi and TC by playing against yourself. Now you can't and thus there's nothing really bad about it.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Multiclienting used to be illegal several years ago when you could gain qi and TC by playing against yourself. Now you can't and thus there's nothing really bad about it.

Didnt know that, but this make me wondering why the hell we can see multiclients then?
It's probably not for the players. It's most likely so the game knows not to give Qi/TC to those people when their turn is up. If the (MC) IS for the players to see, I think it's so they know why that person didn't get their TC from the win and don't go saying there's something wrong with the game.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Sir seems to have failed in his explanation so I'll jump in.

People can MC in user created rooms, we have no problem with that since there's no TC or QI involved (including with boosters). That way people can play together if they're in the same location.

We don't allow it in official rooms however, since it not only clogs up the queue & annoys other players (as far as others are concerned it's one person doing it hence annoying) but could also be abused for tournaments etc.
GM events are also classed as official rooms, so no MC in their either.

There is an auto-kick for MC, though it's not in use at the moment since it had a slight malfunction & started kicking people from user rooms too. No ETA on when it'll be back up & running.

As it stands the MC tag is a handy way for people to spot multi-clients, they can report them if they appear in official rooms during periods when the auto-kick is off, GMs can instantly spot them when they appear in events without having to manually check IPs, and since some users don't like them in their room when they're hosting something the OP can easily spot & boot them; some however let them stay. All down to the room's OP.

So yeah, that should make more sense for you.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
We don't allow it in official rooms however, since it not only clogs up the queue & annoys other players (as far as others are concerned it's one person doing it hence annoying) but could also be abused for tournaments etc.

That really depends on the situation.
If it's clear that those players marked with (MC) are different people (pretty easy to say when they play against each other), there's nothing bad about letting them play. If that's the same user on multiple clients launched and he gets reported on IRC, we don't allow that.

Autokick for MC used to work last time we checked that feature after the server upgrade, it's disabled for most servers though because nobody bothered to enable it. Unless something broke down, it will still work now when turned on.
Last edited by sir; Nov 22, 2014 at 07:54 PM.