Ranking
Originally Posted by Lightningkid View Post
Using a snarky attitude will not help you in any way possible.

I don't know what "snarky" means. My attitude is just that I'm annoyed since as we mention at each activity check, we're adults with jobs, families and so on, and yet, to my point, we're still here, and still posting.
We prefer to post when we have something of use to post, and not just uselessly spam our board. And you said that's not what you want either.

Having a clan forum is a privilege, not a right.

Well it's a privilege/right that we paid with our earned TCs a long time ago, and we maintained posting and being active nonetheless through the years.
We keep a constant activity, even though it's may not be on a daily/weekly basis.

If you don't use your forum as we, as the moderators and admins of the community, see fit, you will not get to keep it.

Yet we always did use the forum as "imposed" by the rules. For 5 years.

The admins and mods are doing their job by checking in on clans that have a couple weeks with no noticeable activity, and you going on about how "we are still here" is not going to stop us from doing it. And so now we will just keep a particularly close eye on you guys to see if you keep up to the standards that we would like clans to maintain.

I could be a smartass and point out that a certain MAD clan still has its board despite a lack of following the standards.
I "understand" why it still does, but somewhere that kind of brings down the legitimacy of the clan admins' work IMHO.

Anyway, keep an eye on us if you want. You'll probably finally push us out of the forums since it's apparently what you're looking for.
I must admit that I'm tired of being "threatened" on a regular basis.
You don't want spam on boards, yet you want to see posts every day/weeks.
Well, we're a bunch of old (30+) pals with social lives, works, families (meaning having children and wives) on the side which doesn't always allow us to post/play whenever we want.
We are not in highschool or students with a lot of freetime.

And we always had at heart of posting meaningful stuff, and not just posting for the sake of posting.
It doesn't mean that we're not using our board. On the opposite, we're very considerate about it ! We've always moderated and used it with great care.

My point here is that I understand and know why admins and mods enforce the rules they do. I'm trying to make you understand that we are a bit of a special case too (like MAD in a way).
It's OK to have activity checks and not let a board fall in oblivion, I get it. But every two weeks, really ? When, once again, we're clearly been taking good care of our board for the past 5 years.
We're not just a newly made clan that falls into pieces after a few weeks. And as I mentioned already, if we were to just stop our activity, we would ask to be put into dead clan.

But on your side, understand it's not always easy/manageable as well for us to just be as daily active as a bunch of teenagers who do one line posts can be either. Yet we've done our best to abide by the rules for the 5 years of existence of our clan.

As for the problem you are encountering with the languages, even though you are being rude about it, I will have someone look into it. Maybe you should stop trying to be so high and mighty and ask for help next time.

Well that's a point you're missing here. I'm not asking anyone about anything.
And I'm being rude, because as someone who works in game making and that has been involved in internet communities for quite some years now (far before I joined this very forum), I find it just absolutely unprofessional, unthoughtful and disrespectful that such an issue would happen. Especially on an international forum that holds several boards of several languages.
I would be ashamed if a forum I'm managing would happen to know such an issue.
And it wouldn't in the first place, since it would be one of my concerns/something I'd be aware of before doing any change to the encoding.

But it's not the first quirk of the like on TB's forums, and that's why I don't expect much anyway.
I just deal with it, like I've always had to in here.
And I must not be the only one, since this encoding issue happened around three weeks ago, and apparently no other non-English speaking clan/person cared to report it either. Or it is just an issue that impacts French (which seems doubtful).
Last edited by Kyat; Apr 7, 2014 at 05:56 AM.
[FROG] - [Toribash-FR] - [OLDA] - \m/
Français, english: Click
Originally Posted by Kyat View Post
Well that's a point you're missing here. I'm not asking anyone about anything.
And I'm being rude, because as someone who works in game making and that has been involved in internet communities for quite some years now (far before I joined this very forum), I find it just absolutely unprofessional, unthoughtful and disrespectful that such an issue would happen. Especially on an international forum that holds several boards of several languages.
I would be ashamed if a forum I'm managing would happen to know such an issue.
And it wouldn't in the first place, since it would be one of my concerns/something I'd be aware of before doing any change to the encoding.

But it's not the first quirk of the like on TB's forums, and that's why I don't expect much anyway.
I just deal with it, like I've always had to in here.
And I must not be the only one, since this encoding issue happened around three weeks ago, and apparently no other non-English speaking clan/person cared to report it either. Or it is just an issue that impacts French (which seems doubtful).

J'ai posté dans le support. Voici la réponse que j'ai eu. C'est vraiment du foutage de gueule, même un mec haut placé dans le staff ne peut pas ordonner aux mecs qui s'occupent du forum de coder correctement.
Cool to see Skulfuk is still there.
Sad to see that applying unicode to vBulletin doesn't seem like something logical/obvious in the first place.
Ho ce bump infâme
Attends on a pas été contrôlé depuis un moment, les fais pas revenir. Discret, discret...