Ranking
I've been trying to figure the Son of a bitch out for a week! i'll upload when i finish (aka when i feel assed enough to go and fucking do it ^_^) Oh, and could you add me to the students list? i am great at posing, but not so great at modeling in C4D
M00GLES
Wii FC:
5457 - 3838 - 7480
On tori, projects. If I don't make sure I rename the textures on different rigs they all show up the same.
For instance,
Tori 1= Head.tga
Tori 2 = Head.tga in a different folder
tori 1 & 2 both have same head.
Kryo. If you want them to have different textures by different folders you have to deny c4d from creating a copy of the file. It usually prompts you when you load a texture. Or if you want to create copies you have to rename the textures.

So that means when you browse and click on your texure it says something like: Would you like to create a copy in the .. folder?
If you deny that c4d will load the texture from the folder of the original file
If you let it copy texture will be loaded in the tex folder where you c4d file is saved thus when texturing multiple toris with a file named head.tga c4d will load the file named head.tga from the tex folder

And if you want the textures to be saved there. you have to rename them before you load. For example I have one tori with normal named textures.
Then the textures for tori1 have normal name and the texture for tori 2 have a 2 before their name. Example head.tga is for tori one and 2head.tga is for tori 2
Last edited by Nasuke; Apr 17, 2010 at 07:52 PM.
Originally Posted by MOBI View Post
ok so, i think i can figure out ho to do the blades but idk how to move verticies, or add textures

Also how do i extrude a flat circle

that^
Draw a circle spline and use an extrude nurb Or make the circle editible and drag on its y-axis
well, moving vertices, (if I remember right) you need to make the object editable, and then select some vertices and move em.
adding textures I'd still look into UV editing. it's the norm for texturing anything complex, and even sometimes simple things.
extruding a flat circle, just make the circle editable then extrude it
(Nasuke can elaborate more on this)
Former Item Forger
well there's different things you can move (object, line, vertices, polygons, and axis) up at the top there's a button that looks like a sphere with an axis on it, click it and it'll let you move the axis (if I remember right, I had to do it when I made the tori-rig)
Former Item Forger
I just found out how.It's the 3 orange arrows on the left side menu.You click that and you move the pivot point using the move tool.
Proud member of [Pandora]
yea, I knew it was on one of the easily accessible menus, just wasn't sure which one. hopefully I was of some help to ya :>
Former Item Forger