ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Voice chat
I mean like wouldnt it be cool to use a mic ingame?
Like in other games you hold a button and while you hold it you can speak into your microphone and talk to the other players.
It would make the game alot funnier and for the ones spamming or better said screaming off your ears with their microphones there could be a massvote mute means the player would get muted for the room for like lets say a hour?
Dont know if it has been suggested yet so i think this would be very interesting.
If you have suggestions how to make this better or why this isnt good share them here.
Voice Chat
I think Voice chat would be an amazing edition to 5.0
People are probably gonna say: "But what about the kids who play? They will hear everything!"
1) Have you read the chat lately?
2) Humans have free will(make it optional in the settings)(Favorite)
3) create channels for certain age groups( would require people to verify their age)(Though I doubt this would ever work)

Any opinions/improvements?

Improvemnts:
1) Mute option(client-side muting, you can mute the person so you cant hear them, but everyone else still can until they mute that person)
Last edited by Kirito; Aug 29, 2015 at 03:15 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
2) Humans have free will(make it optional in the settings)(Favorite)

As instead, we should have the option to mute certain players, allowing us to normally talk to others while muting the annoying people.

Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
3) create channels for certain age groups( would require people to verify their age)

How naive do you have to be to believe that people would give their real age? - Especially when considering that every 13-year-old actually believes that they are mature, thus they should be allowed on the 'elders' chat.

Voice chat has been suggested many times, not sure why it was never implemented. Anyways, I'm supporting.
:^)
IMPROVEMENTS:

*Mute Option
Staff Members and Operators can mute any player who annoy people.

Example: Annoying kids, Trolls.

*Buttons in age restriction
Example:

*+12 server
*+16 server
*+18 server
*Server for everyone

---------

Cons of Voice chat

*Lie can be a good way to enter in +18 servers

*Tourneys would be a "ear fuck" massive microphone sounds of the all players who join

So I'm Neutral in here
Last edited by Corredor; Aug 29, 2015 at 03:39 PM.
Running away...
I still don't get it, if I wanted to talk to somebody through voice chat I'd just use skype, i know the chat is cancer but that can easily be ignored, voice chat less so
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
Originally Posted by RussD3x View Post
Like the idea, not the concept nonetheless I happily support it.

Do you not understand what concept means?

I can really only see this being used in private servers with your friends, but we have so mqny external programs to do the same thing. Skype, ts, mumble. It is definitely something we do not need at all,external programs should be good enough.
h
Yeah I do, I like the idea of voice chat just not the guys plan on going with it.
I believe voice chat would be by activating a certain key, and then making a lobby using a script of some sort that you can add people to and remove them from, so it'd be in a sort of pop up GUI.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=372404

Anyways there should be a option when creating a server that voice chat is allowed if voice chat is off you cannot use voice chat if its on you can use voice chat
I think maybe you should need a higher status to be able to voice chat like, you know how you need to have played over a certain number of games to be able to post links in the chat, you might need to be granted permission to use voice chat by a gm. Those rights can easily be taken away from you if they are abused. Also, I agree that there should be voice chat in Toribash as almost everyone has lost at least 10 of their matches to typing in the chat for some urgent matter like, making a deal w/ someone while playing. Certain implications could be put in place to stop younger users from using voice chat at all like, you need to be of age to use it. You may be wondering how can one tell when someone lies about their age? Well, in this context at least, it's relatively simple - if someone too young is granted voice chat perms, than purely from their voice will you be able to tell if they lied about their age or not. I'm not saying that's an efficient way to keep younger users from using vc for obvious reasons but it's an idea. Although it might only work if the minimum age is something like >15.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Already been suggested a ton of times, there is a reason it hasn't been implemented.
[03:39] <idabosswiz> can't you just set up a pass for ddos?
Just get a teamspeak server.

Voice chat in Toribash would be soo annoying and everyone would be screaming because nobody can hear them since everybody else are talking at the same time.