Toribash
Original Post
Mod categorization
So I think it's time to take mod categorization a bit more seriously.
This thread is going to be for discussing which mods would fit where and nothing else.
Minor fixes to an already listed mod will not be included if you can set it in the game rules yourself.
And I know there is Rubash's Markmod, but it's outdated, doesn't include all mods, includes undesireable mods, categorizes in i way i dislike, and above all- is a script and not actually in the game.

So what is this?
There is around 1600 mods in Toribash, and a major part of them are useless. We don't need mods no-one plays, and they just get in the way of exploration. So I think it's time we sort the mods which belong in the folder and get rid of those that don't. Any other mods will be on the site for anyone to download and /rec.
The categorizations will work in folders and sub-folders.
I've made up a list of the mods in each category which are worth to have.
Now, please fill me in on mods that deserves to be there but isn't.

Martial arts

Parkour/tricking/spar mods

Sports

Vehicles/animal mods

Random mods

And an "others" folder for the new, unclassified mods you download and /rec, so you can move them later yourself.
Last edited by Lazors; Jul 19, 2014 at 03:05 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Well, that isn't really bad, i think that it's simple and good, can make the things easier and isn't so hard to be made, i don't think that will make a lot of difference, people will still using the current mods they use but it's better have something organized than a lot of random mods in a giant list.
Supported.
I most definitly support this
maybe we can have some way where if there are any key words in the mod name it gets automatically transferred?
good?
No?
ok
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Originally Posted by jclark View Post
I most definitly support this
maybe we can have some way where if there are any key words in the mod name it gets automatically transferred?
good?
No?
ok

It doesn't work like that, unfortunately. Many important mods in each genre has names that doesn't fit at all, for example spiritwresling, sw4, rk-mma etc, and in the same way, wushu.tbm has pretty much nothing to do with wushu. This is a key problem in mod sorting, cause you never really know what a mod does based on the name.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Yeah I support this. Toribash needs a sorting system of some sort. Same with replays but that's another story. Oh and maybe hackysack.tbm should be there?
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
Oh and maybe hackysack.tbm should be there?

What. This mod does absolutely nothing, you throw a ball and that's it. You sure you've got the right mod?
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
What about Markmod?
Why you don't use it?

Originally Posted by OP
And I know there is Rubash's Markmod, but it's outdated, doesn't include all mods, includes undesireable mods, categorizes in i way i dislike, and above all- is a script and not actually in the game.

Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
What. This mod does absolutely nothing, you throw a ball and that's it. You sure you've got the right mod?

you havent seen largekilla and swexx's replay then.
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
you havent seen largekilla and swexx's replay then.

Oh, so it's a spar mod. Thought it was actually supposed to be compedative.
Is the community actually using this mod or is it just that one replay?

Also, decided to add in samboaikido.tbm, since it works in a very different manner from sambo-off and monkido.
We now have 3 dm aikido variants - abd, monkido and sambo. I think this balances neatly.
Last edited by Lazors; Nov 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM.