ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Discussion] Clan Focus
Now, this is something that's been on my mind for the past little while, ever since we've become official. The main point of this thread is to discuss where our focus for the clan lies, as well as where we want this clan to go. Ele addressed this briefly in the War Squad Reform thread but it didn't really get discussed extensively.

So, I'd say everyone who is currently in the clan has proven themselves to be a pretty good all-round person, with pretty interesting personalities, and we each have something very concrete to bring to the clan. For Insane, it's his art. For Triton and Galaxy, it's their ingame skill and war activity, etc. We have a pretty well-rounded group right now, with people in a lot of different facets of the toribash community.

Right now, we are sitting at ~18 members (if I counted correctly), with new people applying occasionally. My question now is, what sort of people do we want joining the clan? Where should our focus lie? And, if our focus has changed from when this clan was made, what can we do to make sure that new applicants understand what we are looking for?

If we are looking at the main clan discussion thread, we are "a personality-based clan". We want people with "common sense" and a "sharp wit". Heck our main page even goes as far as to say, "Do you have what it takes to join TLDR? We don't think so - if we did, we'd probably have already invited you by now. Prove us wrong." If this is what we are going to go by, then applicants we take in should be few and far between. Only exemplary applicants should be allowed in by these standards.

Now, I like the people we have so far. I think we should keep our high standards and not worry too much about gaining too many more members. We are nearing the twenty member mark which I think isn't too little or too many. I think if people want to join, we should be exclusive, as we prided ourselves on when the clan was created.

This goes further than just clan applications though, that's just what's been on my mind lately. I just really wanted to open up a dialogue here to get some thoughts going about where we are and where we want to be.

So main question:
What should the clan focus be?
League of Legends NA: Locus
I always keep it simple with that.
If you can laugh and have nice conversations with him and he seems determined to join, than I would say it's a nice member.

And next to that ofcours a couple if things like activity and such.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The war system is changing. It's soon going to rely less on how active clans are in wars, and going to focus more on the quality of the clan. That means we shouldn't need to be recruiting ingame people who are sketchy in other departments (plus, we've got a strong ingame team together now.. Could probably be competitive at the Clan League). I agree with most everything Locus has written. I'd like for us to return to our roots. What does everyone think?
We grew up so fast that I'm still not sure of exactly where are roots are, if I recall the origin of this clan was inspired by the type of approach you (Ele) and I (probably got the gramma muddled on that one sorry) had to discussion threads as opposed to that of Pig so...
Good morning sweet princess
As for the members I think that we shouldn't go over the twenty mark any time soon. And for the main focus for the clan I think we should be a high brow clan that lives up to its name. Because honestly I think that anyone that had a decent belt and you could get along with could send an application here and get accepted. So for the moment I think we should strive mainly to be the clan people look up to and want to be in. Sort of like [eVo] Or [Obey].
[14:08] <@ego> uncreative fuck R.I.P TL;DR
[14:08] <GoldenRox> That's me all right \(o_o/)
Yuck, not [eVo]. I dunno much about [Obey]. I think we should be the clan we want to be, rather than what other people want it to be, maaaan.
I understand but I mean we should be that one clan that people look up to and want to be in. I'm not sure about you but when I first joined I wanted to be in Obey :v
[14:08] <@ego> uncreative fuck R.I.P TL;DR
[14:08] <GoldenRox> That's me all right \(o_o/)
All I care about is what being a member of TL;DR says about me to people reading my posts or PMs from me. That relies on our members always being respectable and/or likeable and our clan's publicity with events and stuff. I think that we are doing those two things well enough for the time being so yeah, just keep doing what we're doing and try to improve each other as individuals in the meantime.
Good morning sweet princess
My main focus at the moment is leading the war squad and getting us a good ingame rep. If we ever need anybody recruited, i'm here to put them on the recruitment list and hand it over to Ele. More than anything i want this clan to be unique, and have a good stable reputation with solid and skilled members, and i believe the only thing that can really push us towards our goals is to continue working as a team and keep discussing things like we are now.

All in all, i believe we're going in the right direction.
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris
I think we are doing great now. It's very important to us to keep recruiting members while keeping our memberlist clean. For I agree with the high standard, plus I think we should start thinking on removing people who get inactive for a long time. Besides that, I think our method of recruitment is good, we have good members so far.

One thing I would like to focus on is the clan events. We still didn't create a big event for the community. That would increase our reputation over the community so much. We could even create an event team just like the war squad for it, if you guys think this is a good ideia.

I agree with Triton words, I would love if we had a better skilled team. The clan league is coming and this is a thing we should totally get prepareted for.

Overall, our clan is very good, let's keep discussing the things we think should be changed/implemented and we will reach our goals. It's also important to us to act like a family instead of wanting to be above the others. We are all equaly important for the improvement of the clan.