Ranking
Original Post
Techniques? How to land? How to punch?
I know how to basic toribash, but I can't seem to make those cool replays I always see!

Anyone know techniques?

I know how to fully rotate body (contract right pec, extend left pec and right rotate chest) and use every joint.

Also, how do I land? I mean landing ON MY FEET... but never seem to manage, I always tip over to one side!

Also, how do I punch? Every time I punch, I get very few points. How do I punch to get dismembers, for example?

Thanks,
Archos331
-----
Also how to parkour?
Last edited by Archos331; Dec 10, 2014 at 12:34 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"A black belt is just a white belt that never gave up." -- Archos331
Originally Posted by Archos331 View Post
I know how to basic toribash, but I can't seem to make those cool replays I always see!

Anyone know techniques?

I know how to fully rotate body (contract right pec, extend left pec and right rotate chest) and use every joint.

Also, how do I land? I mean landing ON MY FEET... but never seem to manage, I always tip over to one side!

Also, how do I punch? Every time I punch, I get very few points. How do I punch to get dismembers, for example?

Thanks,
Archos331
-----
Also how to parkour?

for landing: keep your legs slightly spread so that you have a lower center of gravity. also, you could try to learn the park our roll for high landings. I have provided an example, I'm not the best at it, but in the replay I have the basics shown.

for punching, what i find helps is if i keep my wrists contracted then extend them right before I hit.

and for dismembers, I wish I could credit the player who said this, but think of your feet and hands as an axe, and uke as a tree. to cut a tree, you have to have speed, and have a straight angle when you hit, and with the sharp part. in other words,hit the joint directly , hit it hard, and not at an angle where you will just graze it

there is no way to teach parkour, you can learn the basics but anything else you must learn through experience

btw ignore the fourth attached file, the bottom and 3 top ones are the ones i meant to add
Attached Files
Land - Parkour roll.rpl (114.3 KB, 37 views)
Land on feet.rpl (122.3 KB, 24 views)
Parkour roll 2.rpl (118.3 KB, 13 views)
parkour training - jump.rpl (57.2 KB, 18 views)
Parkour_tpk_runandjump.tbm (635 Bytes, 13 views)
(Origin)
If you're talking about single player replays, you've got to know what every one of your joints does in order to keep balance

For example, if you're tipping over to the right, you might consider bending your lumbar to the left, raising your left arm or lowering your right arm and vice versa for the left

If you're falling forward or backwards your ankles become very useful to help keep your balance

There's no method I can give you that works in all cases, you'll have to learn how to work your joints together in order to keep balance.

Punching is a little more complicated than kicking because you usually can't generate as much force as with your legs. In general, you have to use your entire torso (Chest, pecs, lumbar) As well as your hips and glutes in order to set up a strong punch. Your wrists then become extremely helpful because they give you that extra bit of speed you need

If you're going for a punch that will dismember, you generally want to get a bit of momentum going first through an opener which would get you spinning around or something

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like more personalised tips based on, say, your current replays
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Originally Posted by Archos331 View Post

Anyone know techniques?

Thanks,
Archos331
-----
Also how to parkour?

Really you can't give Techniques or anything, it's about mucking around with a replay for a bit and it should come together eventually, Dm's might be difficult try Lowering the dismemberment fresh hold.
"take to mind lowering the dismemberment fresh hold also makes it easier to get DM'd yourself."

landing is one of those difficult things you have to learn yourself, it's still really hard for me to land but i'm able to do it if i take my time, or if you want to land you can like land on one contracted leg in a stable position and work your way from there trying to stand up or something.
"take to mind i'm not a professional so some of the stuff i say may be wrong."
:)
You might Consider Applying for my School or Looking at my Tutorial for help.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
You might Consider Applying for my School or Looking at my Tutorial for help.

Tutorials don't usually work, but if you're really needing to learn it you can always try looking.

the reason i doubt videos is because when i looked at videos for running tutorials they never usually work, but unless your good at following tutorials you should probably give it a go.
:)
Due to the complex nature of toribash, tutorials are not that effective in the sense that everything in toribash isn't just black and white. You have to do such learning mostly on yor own, using tutorials as supplementary measures to help you out. TB is all about the flow bro. Tutorials will get only so far. Gotta learn on your own.
I am light. I am darkness. I am a rushing waterfall. I am a blazing inferno. I am and I am not. The Power of Nothingness compels me...DENJIN HADOUKEN!
when you punch you must have a windup, a turn and then a slam, if you want me to give you a tutorial, send me a private message, i can host a server, and i can show you a few basic punches, and if you want a few kicks (btw, all of these moves are of my own design and each has a few variations), i am a striker, and i specialize in aikido, if you want to land i can also teach you a few techniques for landing (its all about the orientation).
glad to help
-Max
(ITS) the best clan ever
Maybe you could find some useful help in this :

But as others said, only practice will help you.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash