ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Story mode?
I had a random idea come into my head that I feel is very interesting. What if there was a story mode?

Like, for example, there is a slideshow (That you can click through) that has text to back up a storyline (Like a visual novel, without the hentai or loli). Maybe it could be like fight club or maybe it could be to save a girl, or something really creative! You can choose the decisions you make which also ends up with you fighting different AI. Like this:

There is two roads to take.

And what would make this better is if it all ends with Uke.

This was all a suggestion I just thought of, tell me what you think.

EDIT: Maybe I wasn't exactly clear. Okay, maybe AFTER each slideshow/text sequence/what the fuck ever, your choices lead to who you fight, which KILLS the slideshow and bumps an AI for you to fight, just like single player. Only thing is that all the AI have different looks, different fighting styles, and, if you want to Minibash this, different sized limbs/proportions.
Last edited by shooter190; Aug 18, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
There is one problem with this idea... Every match would have to have preset moves... If ů could design an automated fighter that works against you to what ů do... Eg if °̩ kick †ƕ£ he would grab myleg and pull me itno his fist or else itl be fighting a robot
Actually I could see this working.. It's just they would need A.I because there would be some problems
I'm ready for my daily dose of cringe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
pnly problem with this idea is that moves weould have to be made and be programmed to be interchangeable

but if they can figure this out... Supported
PPL I LOVE XEON365 DEZARAI LEWIS862 CHOPPA5 DEAKMANIC OKASAKI123
Originally Posted by gargoyl44 View Post
There is one problem with this idea... Every match would have to have preset moves... If ů could design an automated fighter that works against you to what ů do... Eg if °̩ kick †ƕ£ he would grab myleg and pull me itno his fist or else itl be fighting a robot

That's the problem, creating an AI for a complex game like Toribash would require nuclear science especially since not even the biggest game companies can make good A.I.s.
I do support this but it would take to long to make, I agree with tonakai, most A.I things arent even good though.
I'm ready for my daily dose of cringe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Toribash Storyline
So the design is like this:
-freeplay
-campaign
-multiplayer
-etc below this
Yes I know you'll say like " the xyz axis of tb is unlimited, its impossible to make a bot that catch up"

The story is like " meet (username) , the legend of tb . It worships its king, hampa. And someday the bandit kidnap hampa. (Username) gonna kill the kidnapper."
You can choose your weapon like "staff, katana, etc
To deal with the xyz problem , how about making the limit like the tori fighting in the building?
:D
I do like the idea, but the implementation of an AI would require some pretty scary amounts of coding and skill. Still, it does seem appealing.
Seeing challenge uke only practices in aikido, I would love to see 'Story Mode' practice in all the mods.
[My Replays] | [Aether] | [PM Me For Request Mods] | [Tricktionary]
[Static] | [Xioi] | [♥2WC♥] | [iFred] | [Oblivion]
Its a good idea, but Toribash isnt a MMORPG, what you have described in your first post is essentially the basics of a MMORPG, at any point hampa could implement these things, but Toribash is just a Physics based Fighting game!

Haven't we talked about his on the Suggest a Script thread and Mod Questions thread? People tried and abandoned this idea. It's way too time consuming. Yeah, people have made good AIs, but for obvious reasons, they don't want to give away the code. That still pisses me off though.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays