Ranking
Original Post
Login Rewards not actually showing
I don't really know how it is doing that but:
-Login reward window doesn't show up
-On quests/login rewards upon pressing login rewards it still shows quests
-Other friends are able to claim rewards no problem.

Literally have no clue what is the cause and how to fix it. I use steam client, tried also installing normal launcher but same result.
This has gone for over a week at this point. I believe I had login rewards also being junky before I went on hiatus but can't comfirm.
Can you paste the contents of your stderr.txt file (it's updated after you close the game, so you'll need to reproduce the bug, exit the client and then check what's inside the file) here, please?
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Can you paste the contents of your stderr.txt file (it's updated after you close the game, so you'll need to reproduce the bug, exit the client and then check what's inside the file) here, please?

stderr.txt

Here you go. What gets my attention is the "network init failed socket wsa error 10065" which I'm guessing might be the issue.
Are you on 5.43? Earlier versions no longer work properly due to our recent switch to https.
Are you on 5.43? Earlier versions no longer work properly due to our recent switch to https.

Not sure if I am but I believe so. I even just redownloaded Toribash on Steam to double check but nothing had changed. :/
Your game client version is shown in task name (or on top of your window if you have it running in windowed mode).

It's weird that you client doesn't open login rewards screen but there are no related errors in stderr.txt - socket wsa error is likely related to game client failing to connect to rewards lobby on launch for some reason but that shouldn't affect menus on its own. Or did it open that time when you tried but you were just unable to claim the reward?
Your game client version is shown in task name (or on top of your window if you have it running in windowed mode).

It's weird that you client doesn't open login rewards screen but there are no related errors in stderr.txt - socket wsa error is likely related to game client failing to connect to rewards lobby on launch for some reason but that shouldn't affect menus on its own. Or did it open that time when you tried but you were just unable to claim the reward?

I couldn't open login rewards for a long time now. In the past I remember that I did indeed had login rewards but it was all wonky and "claim reward" button didn't even work sometimes. But that was months ago. Right now how it looks like is I don't get login reward popup. Ever. And when I go through Quests to click on Login Rewards the tab doesn't change, despite being highlighted. Pic below.

No idea how it broke like that. Since when, I can't even remember. Is there like login reward streak reset or smth? Honestly anything could be worth a shot since there's nothing to lose.

When opening the menu, does it rely on data from the rewards lobby? Maybe the menu can't be displayed properly because it's missing data that it needs to show.
@ruby no, it doesn't rely on lobby data

@arcionek do you have a file called "loginrewards.txt" inside data/script/system folder and does it have read permissions enabled? The only reason I see why it'd fail silently is if game fails to read that file for whatever reason.
If it isn't there, here's the download link: https://puu.sh/F5dlF/1715d14a52.txt
@ruby no, it doesn't rely on lobby data

@arcionek do you have a file called "loginrewards.txt" inside data/script/system folder and does it have read permissions enabled? The only reason I see why it'd fail silently is if game fails to read that file for whatever reason.
If it isn't there, here's the download link: https://puu.sh/F5dlF/1715d14a52.txt

I have the file. The file seems to be exactly the same looking. So it's messing somehow else.
Attached Files
loginrewards.txt (186 Bytes, 3 views)