Toribash
Im confused....Does 512x512 have BETTER quality ingame?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame
Only if you're putting the 512x512 textures into your own custom folders. If you're uploading textures so that everyone can see them, they must either be 128x128 or they will automatically be resized to 128x128 during the upload process (I don't remember if it does this), thus causing the quality loss.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
It automatically resizes. I upload in 256x25) sometimes and it still becomes 128x128
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Hhmm....i like that you made this thread.
I myself work in 512x512 or 300x300,and i find that i prefer it over 128x128.
I think keeping designs simple when using higher res is appropriate as it (as BenD said) softens it up a bit more....

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░ eVo ░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

at the people who work in 300x300, since i notice many do: Why that size?

I know that 256x256 and 512x512 are multiples of 128x128, but is there any reason why 300x300 is your preferred size?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
at the people who work in 300x300, since i notice many do: Why that size?

I know that 256x256 and 512x512 are multiples of 128x128, but is there any reason why 300x300 is your preferred size?

dunno, its how i started
128 was too small, at the time i ONLY knew brush designs and 300 seemed to work with the brushes, and its easier to work in round numbers
so.. why not?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I myself prefer to work in 1024x1024, for less detailed heads, and 4096x4096 for more detailed heads.

because as we all know, the higher the res, the better artist you are, and the bigger your e-penor is.

(I see no reason to work in anything bigger than 128x128, and so i dont, except if i plan to render. No point wasting time on an image 4-16 times bigger than it is going to show up as. *shrug*)
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
I see no reason to draw in anything bigger than 128x128 either.
A good artist shouldn't have problems to put details into heads.
|
|
v
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
mantrain works in 128x128.

All you need is skill.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug