Ranking
honk

Amanda Palmer - Machete (Demo)

Amanda Palmer - Raggin' On The Man ("Bottomfeeder" demo)

Amanda Palmer - Smile (Pictures or It Didn't Happen)

what is zan zan even up to these days

if you want to extract a reaction from me about any song you post, dear reader, you'll probably have to ask me directly, cuz i'm feeling pretty wary of the concept of trying to turn a reaction to music into words.
Last edited by Brackass; Oct 27, 2019 at 02:28 AM.
clan-wide announcement to all clan members everywhere, all of them: we just did some sick spins and then accidentally skipped the replay or something. it was very sad and also almost certainly probably my fault.

so i turned on Autosave Replays from now on, i mean, replays probably don't take up much file space right, it's not like they're actual videos

ok that's all

---

I thought of a question
@absaglute what Toribash related objectives do you have in mind currently, if any? like, it seems like there's a lot of different ways to approach it, or ways to focus on it, or directions to go with it, or places to aim at. Like: mastering fighting, or fancy spins, or walking. or: producing replays for fun regardless of amateurishness of participants. or: some other objective (e.g. dabbling in every area broadly). what're you drawn to currently

edit: it just dawned to me that i can totally frivolously post "art" that isn't mine, so i wanna share this fan art of Caustic from Apex Legends that i really like. there's this subreddit called /r/causticmains, and an artist on there named /u/py-bun who posts art (drawings and also SFM model poses) I really like.

grump

Caustic has an incredibly endearing voice/personality.
Last edited by Brackass; Oct 27, 2019 at 03:26 PM.
https://i.imgur.com/52ejFy4.mp4

going to put all Rand. spars in an imgur album

@brackass the spar was fun. if we get enough spars we can make a montage.

@brackass put your frivolous art in a spoiler
Attached Files
vs brackass football.rpl (477.9 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by absaglute; Oct 27, 2019 at 09:50 PM.
ooh I'm glad my big twisty flip jump that ended in a fluid-but-ridiculous rocking horse stomach roll maneuver made it into the replay

the two parts where you do low kicks while i'm doing high jumps are kinda cool

the on-the-spot camera work captures some nice angles for a bunch of things that happen

edit: the limitations on self-bumping make it kinda hard to draw attention to major new things i post consecutively but here's a

proto-banner: the duality of man

also, on impulse, and on the belief that nobody was particularly attached to their quotes, i just changed all the quotes in the first post to actual excerpts from this thread

if you want something else specific, tell me

edit: interesting

Gauley Bhai - Simrayo

edit2: i am feeling a little tired of the name/persona "Brackass", haha i change my name so regularly on other platforms. If I make another account on here with a different name i'll probably still want to change it again later. maybe i should deliberately pick a really hollow meaningless name. Also if I make another name then there'll be the weird inconvenience of the first post of this thread being under my other account.

edit3: i was just seeing what usernames aren't taken and i determined that "bntt" isn't. it's like an abbreviation of my actual name, but it's also like butt with the u upside-down, keeping with the ass/glute theme. and it's also just short, unpronounceable, and weirdly shaped. all of which are admirable qualities. I guess I'll grab that account and maybe use it. it's nice that nobody cares if you have multiple accounts
Last edited by Brackass; Oct 28, 2019 at 02:11 AM.
the honest face of struggle i guess.also i joined the dark side, but the light is within the darkness so it's ok

face

-----

comments on this metally noise?

Last edited by fluffykat; Oct 28, 2019 at 02:42 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Fuck.
spar: was pretty amateurish. at several moments when the camera wasn't spinning obnoxiously you could tell that nothing was going on. dammit absaglute

(pointing at the "audience" was pretty cool I bet nobody caught that)

yeah nobody caught that, I was really disappointed. I thought it was the highlight of the replay but I guess nobody else thinks so.

brackass/bntt, curling up in the middle of the spar is just a test of the ability of your limbs to ghost eachother as well as just looking unnatural. you had a lot of spin going on in your first flip but there's wasn't much chance of landing it. after that you were mostly balancing your body on your kneecaps and trying to do more flips.

fluffs has a face. can we put you in the op? we should, your tori has a full set. your actual face will have to settle for so far down in the thread. please spar with us
Last edited by absaglute; Oct 28, 2019 at 03:26 AM. Reason: uhhh hhh hh
excuse me i have my own creative definition of what it means to "land it"

(I was faintly miffed at the fact that there's such a specific definition of what a "spar" is. excuse me sir this is a free form game about playing with your muscles and i will flop on the ground like a frozen fish if i think it's a funny thing to do. but seriously, looking unnatural can be its own objective. it's a completely fair objective. although it's also easy which i guess is why people underrate it. how dare they tbh.)

(i think it's a great joke to contort my body unnaturally into a smooth curve like the bottom edge of a rocking chair and then smoothly roll to my knees across all the wrong surfaces of my body, e.g. my stomach. i think that's excellent unnaturalness.)
Last edited by Brackass; Oct 28, 2019 at 03:46 AM. Reason: sir
@bntt's comment ingame

it is amateurish. the replay often tests the limits of how poorly toribash can simulate human movement rather than show off what can be done with it. it's not particularly difficult to make toribash do nothing and break the illusion that the characters can fight/are aware of their surroundings/are anything other than a jumble of spheres.
Last edited by absaglute; Oct 28, 2019 at 04:57 AM. Reason: uhhh hhh hh