ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Local Moderator Applications
Hi everyone!

This where you can apply to moderate a specific board. Go ahead and post your applications right here in the thread. You can apply for any board in General or Toribash forums. No market boards, no clan boards, no elerk.

PLEASE NOTE:
- THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION TO BE AN ADMIN/SMOD/GAMEKEEPER/TORIAGENT/MSQUAD!
- PLAGIARISM OF OTHER PEOPLE'S APPLICATIONS IS PROHIBITED!
- IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN REGARDING AN APPLICANT, PM AN ADMINISTRATOR. ANY POSTS THAT ARE NOT APPLICATIONS WILL BE INFRACTED, AND FLAMERS WILL BE BANNED.
- CLAN DSC IS NOT OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS. DON'T WASTE OUR TIME AND YOURS BY APPLYING.

That said,

--------------------------------------------------

Local Moderator Application

Please answer all questions as truthfully as possible, in your best English. We will ignore any applications that were obviously not well thought-out or taken seriously.

1. How old are you?

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day?

5. Which board would you like to moderate?

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board?

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?

8. If there is anything else that you think we should know, please put it here.

------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to vouch for an applicant, feel free to PM me with your comments or recommendations regarding them. If I receive PMs that are obviously spam OR multiaccounting, they will be ignored and the applicant may be turned down. This part of the process will end when we decide, but you can count on it being up for at least a week.

Thanks and good luck!
Last edited by KiTFoX; Apr 12, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
1. I'm 15 years of age.

2. a.) On alts, since 2007 b.) 2 years now.

3. a.) Germany, +2 b.) 5-10 pm

4. 5-7 hours

5. Rapid Threads.

6. Rapid Threads, because I've been lurking around there, checking some threads and I really think it needs some cleaning up. Also because It seems that the amount of new threads and new topics is seriously going down, I always had an interest in the board, and with a little help it could be more active easily

7. , a.) I was a moderator of the official clan Atlantic, and also helped it become offical. b.) I think I did my job perfectly, The clan is still working well, and I think I left because of RL problems. c.) Due to RL problems.
Last edited by Zinx; Apr 4, 2010 at 07:32 PM.
1. I'm 12 years old, turning 13 on June the 20th

2.I have been playing toribash for about 2 years including one alt i had and i have been on the forums since august 2008.

3. A.)Australia -10 b.) Weekends and holidays 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM most days and on school days 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

4. 7-10 hours

5. Art or Beginner Sanctuary

6. Well i want to help out the community in some way and I've been on the art boards the most. And beginner sanctuary because sometimes it doesn't feel good being new
sometimes and i want to help new people get used to the community.

7.No

8. A few years ago, i was permanently banned, but i am very ashamed of it and i have changed a lot since then. Don't want to get into details if i don't have to, but contact me if you need to know.
1. How old are you?
14 Years old, 15 in two months.

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash?
I was playing from my join date (December 2008) up until november last year, When I started to become mildly bored (Mainly because of waiting, and the fact that I couldn't do anything while waiting because of laggy computer)

b.) How long have you been active on the forums?
Since about 1-2 months after my join date. I lurked a bit at first, then started posting a little more regularly.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in?
Uk, so I think that's GMT+0.

b.) At what times of day are you generally active? Around 4:15 onwards on weekdays, and 9:00 am - 11:00 am on weekends. Depending on my mood, I will also often be online in the evenings on weekends. Occasionally on weekdays too.

Around 2-3 hours, most of the time.

Computer Chat, in General.

I like to think that I have a good knowledge of computers, and it would be good if I could help people who don't, while at the same time keeping the board clean from spam.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? No I have not, but hey, there's a first time for eveything.

Everybody I know, if they're having trouble with computers, I will be the one they ask for help. My ICT teacher himself actually often asks me how to do something on his laptop, and I tell him how to do it, because most of the time I will know how to.
1. How old are you?
14 turning 15 on December the 6th

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?
a) I have been playing for 1 year and 4 months.
b) Well in the first 2 months when I started I didn't really post, but at that time I usually just looked around for drama or a topic that would interest me.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?
a) Gmt +10 (Australia)
b) Well since its the start of the school holidays for me I'm on quite a lot, however this doesn't mean I will be on 24/7 since I do socialize, but the best time to catch me online would be 7pm onwards to at least 2am in the morning.

3hours in the day time. 3-5 hours at night to early in the morning.

Suggestions board

Well there have been some amazing ideas there which have been worth of having a look into, but it seems that I've noticed nothing really happens to these topics since they eventually just fade away and the thread becoming dead. What I want to try and do is get people more interested in this board and try get these ideas out in the open, seriously some ideas that people have mentioned could benefit the community in so may ways, but no one even looked into them.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?
----

Well I'm the type of guy that feels everyone should have a opinion on something, even if it may be the wrong opinion to others.
application
1. How old are you?14 for month >.<

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?a)bout 1 year b) at the begining i didnt post much on forum....now i do

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?a)+1 southeast europe b)morning,afternoon,evening >.<

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day?o.o minimum 2 hours

5. Which board would you like to moderate?dunno put me anywhere >.<

to kill time >.<
7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?no >.<

1. How old are you?
I am 15 years old.

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash?

I play toribash for something like 8 months.

b.) How long have you been active on the forums
i am activ in the forum since 5 months.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in?
I live in GMT +1 Berlin.

b.) At what times of day are you generally active?

Normally i am acitv between 1.00 PM and 10.00 PM.

I spend something like 3 hours on the forum.

I like to moderate the art board.

I am interested in moderating the art board because i love this board and i can spend a lot of time in it.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so,
a.) What were your responsibilities,

I had to ban or kick users and check the whole forum.

b.) How well do you think you did your job, and

I think i did my job good.

c.) If you left, why did you do so?

----------

----------
qaywer Mongius BlubKill Jaker GerFight Pinheads Coolino <3 | [TEO] | [T3AL] | [HighTunesYT]
1. How old are you? 14. Turning 15 in 4 days.

2. a.) About a year or two. I had older accounts b.) With my older accounts no, but with this alot!

3. a.)+2 GMT b.)Mostly afternoons and night time if I have nothing to do.

4. Ehhhh about 6 hours.

5. I would like to moderate Rapid Threads.

6. I would love to because, I love seeing what people can get out of their head. At the same time I will always follow the rules, and keep an eye on the board too see if they've broke a rule.

7. I have no experience of being a local moderator, but I'm pretty sure I can do great!

8. PM me if you have any questions.
Last edited by Shiko; Apr 5, 2010 at 12:35 PM.
Sup bishes ;P

1. How old are you?
I'm 13 years old, will turn 14 on May

a) Around 2-3 years ( Since late 2007/Mid-2008 ), but in forums i'm since July 2008.

a) Far East Russia GMT +10 b) I can be active on forums almost all day or even half of day.

Around 1-6 hours at day.
I would like to moderate Support board.

Well, it's a hard question. I'm interesting to moderate Support board, beacuse i can help users on some problems or other stuff.

a) I was moderated the MLNM clan board for a some time. Also, i'm currently moderator on other Toribash forum (not this one, duh)
b) Not so well, beacuse i was a little lazy that days =P
c) Beacuse i left the clan, and ended the carreer of the moderator.
I just want to wish good luck to my opponents =P

That's my app.
Last edited by FighterKHV; Apr 4, 2010 at 01:27 PM.
|Windows Belt 10| |Damned Leader| |Ex-GameKeeper-2010| |RUTori| |Á¸² ÅùÁ|
|Ex-ClanSquad-2018| |20% Cooler than you| |1st nick - Major|

1. How old are you?
18 years old.

I've been active in both forums and ingame since I joined back in may 2009, but I barely play toribash anymore.

I live in GMT+1 and I have the forum tab open from around 16:00 to 22:00 but how often I check the tab varies.

3-4 hours on a good day, it varies.

The tutorial and art board.

Because I'm participating in both boards with art and tutorials of my own. And those are the boards that I'm most active on.

I have no previous experience with moderating a serious board earlier.

1. How old are you?
I'm currently at 13 years of age, turning 14 on the 1st of January.

a.) How long have you been playing Toribash?
I have been playing Toribash since 06-15-2008.

b.) How long have you been active on the forums?
I have been active on the forums for more than 1 and a half years.

a.) What timezone do you live in?
GMT+0 (London time).

b.) At what times of day are you generally active?
Almost all day, except 10pm through to 7-8am.

Around 4-6 hours, depending on the occasion.

The replay board.

It seems to be a very active board, and, with the time that I currently spend on the forums, I think I could be a great deal of help.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so,
a.) What were your responsibilities?
My responsibilities were to control and befriend my clan members, and teach them in the art of replay making.
I also had to move/merge/close threads and posts alike.

b.) How well do you think you did your job?
I think I have done it very well so far, because my members seem to be cheerful and willing to do what I say.

c.) If you left, why did you do so?
I haven't left my responsibilities behind and won't do so.

Since 06-15-2008, I have progressed a lot in the ways of replay making, communicating and supervising.
By moderating the replay board, I could take my responsibilities one leap further and help even more people and to keep the rules in order.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Castra; Apr 4, 2010 at 02:31 PM.
| tom |