ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Capslock control.
Hello, I thought of an interesting suggestion.

If we implemented a command that only ops, gms and so on woulb be able to use that would basically make any capslocked text turn into normal letter tourneys and betting servers would loose one rule and make them a bit more managable.

Something like /caps on/off.
h
soooo

THE QUICK BROWN FOX ---> the quick brown fox or ---> The quick brown fox or ---> The Quick Brown Fox

how would we do this, some people like to capitalise their first letters, or using a capital letter when writing a name.

would every capital letter get decapitalised or every letter except the first one of the sentence etc
dreamy suicide act
I have no real grasp on coding, but what I was thinking of whas that if there were two letters after eachother that were capitalised, the second one would be decapitalised.
h
Originally Posted by duck View Post
I have no real grasp on coding, but what I was thinking of whas that if there were two letters after eachother that were capitalised, the second one would be decapitalised.

This will stop all the caps spammers that occur after someone wins in the bet servers.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 23, 2015 at 09:01 AM.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
This isn't needed since OPs already have the power to enforce their rules and deal with such ordeals manually, but I like this idea, especially since it doesn't have to apply to all hosts and is an option.

But why not just have a command to control spam in general?
/spamcontrol; <no two consecutive letters can be uppercase> and it would also change the current flood kick system to something with more restricting variables (no same lines of text x times in a row within y seconds)
BAD LUCK
Originally Posted by firebolty View Post
This isn't needed since OPs already have the power to enforce their rules and deal with such ordeals manually, but I like this idea, especially since it doesn't have to apply to all hosts and is an option.

But why not just have a command to control spam in general?
/spamcontrol; <no two consecutive letters can be uppercase> and it would also change the current flood kick system to something with more restricting variables (no same lines of text x times in a row within y seconds)

The point of the suggestion was that we would take that one hassle of telling everybody who uses caps to stop.

I like that idea firebolt, seems to be a great addition.
h
The point of the suggestion was that we would take that one hassle of telling everybody who uses caps to stop.

Yes, but not every host has something against caps in their events.

I like that idea firebolt, seems to be a great addition.

Thank you.
BAD LUCK
Originally Posted by firebolty View Post
Yes, but not every host has something against caps in their events.

Ah yes, sorry, didnt specify. Of course I meant it as an option for those who do not want capslock in their tourneys, wouldnt want to enforce it on everyone
h
Seems Interesting... Actually would help a lot for the control of GMs, I've watched a lot of guys doing caps and It's not cool...
Maybe would be a "message" system that would help, but I think it's too much coding...

/capslock on|off|fl(first letter) <---- This would change the caps mode.

Example:

Example 1

/maxfloodmessages (numbers of messages) <---- Maximum numbers of messages...
Example:

Example 2

/automute on|off <----This is when the maximum messages were full, the user will get a warning then unmuted 5 seconds later
Example:

Example 3

Running away...
as firebolty said, this can be done manually
but still, this seems like an alright suggestion. a shitload of the general reports where a dude is spamming in all caps is in mostly public servers, so i don't see much of a need for this outside of public server spamming, because you can just rejoin from flood kick
pacquiao