ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Deadys mod comps #1: 360 chest fixed
Hello toribashians. I have been inactive for the past three or so years, but lately I've been poking my nose around and posting here and there. While I was active, one of my favorite things to do was host competitions, and my recent snooping around has me thinking it would be fun to host one now, so, here we are.

The basic idead. Toribash has a staggeringly large amount of mods, some of them quite good and some of them utterly useless, but either way I figured it would be fun to experiment with some. Since these are mods made by users with very little moderation on what actually constitutes a playable mod, many of them are extremely buggy, for this reason mods are often excluded from competition. Balls to that noise I say. So every so often I will be starting comps based around various mods. The goals will be a bit unusual, but hopefully its a good time.

Prizes. I have a whole host of non-rare items that I will likely never have a use for, so those, plus a small amount of tc will be the prizes. There will, unless otherwise stated, be no second or third place. If you win, you win. If you don't, you don't. I am well aware these prizes aren't a real strong pull, but the comps will be simple and the prizes are sort of secondary.

Ok, now that that is handled.

comp #1. 360 chest fixed.
For our first comp the goal is to keep from DQ as long as possible in the mod 360 chest fixed (conveniently located near the top of the list. Basically make a replay in which your tori spins but does not dq. The catch is that YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO MANIPULATE THE JOINTS ONE TIME. So, in order to do this, load the mod, manipulate uke so he butterflys and doesn't DQ, then decide how you want to manipulate tori, once this is done, press P and watch as the turn frames run out. You will want to start with a really long match length, and if you find you can keep it going, write down the joints and increase the match frames. The goal is to find a combo of joint states that keeps tori from DQ the longest, with style and damage to uke acting as as secondary goals that will be used to determin close calls...I just realized I left out the most important part, you joint movement of tori MUST include rotating the chest either right or left. If you chest is found to be in hold or relax at any point in the match, you will be disqualified, if your chest separates fron your legs the replay is invalid, and if you initial joint state is not maintained (I will check) you will be disqualified.

The prize for this first comp will be adamantium relax and 1000 TCs. Comp ends December 12th. If you have any questions or if I am leaving something out, post here about it. If you want to suggest a mod for a future comp, pm me. I will not be participating in any comps, at least until I have another means of accessing the forums then my phone.

Have fun.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Allow me to get things started.

Beat this

Also, can we change our replay before the date?
Attached Files
The spins1.rpl (8.3 KB, 66 views)
Yeah, swapping replays is ok. Only one replay per person though. I knew there was something I left out.
so erm
is there a way of bounding the disqualification only to tori or are we supposed to turn dq off and watch for our parts ourselfs ?
Last edited by Jaqism; Dec 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
The [Urban] Walking Dead [Unit]
Sup deady, might dive in this competition series some time. ;)
But why's the rum gone? :v
Jaqon, to keep uke from Dq, select him, hold all, extend both chest joints, extend abs, and extend ankles, that should set him up in a way so he wont DQ. From there you have to keep tori from DQ, but only move him the one time. I will upload a demo if you need.

Hey k6. Hopefully I will be able to keep them going
Hey all, unfortunately neither of these replays are valid as DQ has been turned off in both. Going to post a demo.
I'm sure that mine has DQ set to be n. Are you certain it says off?
I'll check again though.
Well, unless there is some sort glitch DQ is off in the replay. I forget how to read the flags in notepad, but if DQ was on then when you DM uke he should disqualify and end the match. Also if you look closely you can see your legs hitting the ground a few times during the first 500 frames. Again, this may be a glitch, and if so I will just have to call this comp and start a new on this week. I don't think it is a glitch though, and unless others enter and the same thing happens we wont evr really know.

Be sure you are using fixed360chestmod.tbm. and only chang the matchframes and engage distance.