Ranking
Original Post
iv'e also lost alot of TC this way i think their should be something if were you ping there would be a bot holding your spot and keeping your bet active until you return and it would have like 30 sec waiting period for it to go away or something this would help with not just betting but in auto tourneys as well
Trying
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=556614 There was already a thread about this

And
"For some reason i suspect that this is a free tc source for staff"
The tc gets sunk, no staff member benefits from it.

I wonder why the first thread got kind of ignored tho, this would be a great thing to be implemented.
The tc is distributed throughout the room. If you pinged, you can't earn it. Same goes with if you leave or are kicked. It's really not that hard. Would you want someone who got kicked for trying to do something illegal getting their tc even though they were out of server? I certainly would not. Sure, pinging sucks, but you bet at your own risk.

I suppose if you make it only work for pings (which is totally exploitable, btw) it would be remotely acceptable, but still bad.
I think I might be retired.
Hello again.
I have a plenty of things to add.
Right now i will copy some valuable posts from the threads that i have linked.

Originally Posted by uhm View Post
Originally Posted by Cold
Bet at your own risk

Risk of winning/losing, or of being fucked over by something that you cant control and is unexpected?

Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
fping wont be abused
player 1 bets 10k on player 2
player 7 bets 10k on player 3

player 2 is clearly losing
player 1 fpings
player 1 doesnt get his money back unless player 2 wins
the bets are still active
player 2 loses
player 7 wins 20k

Originally Posted by Cheshyre View Post
If we were to give players refunds when they pinged, it would encourage some bad behavior. So we wouldn't be doing that.

As for keeping their bet active, that is more on the right track.

Something to think about in that regard.

Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Rather than sinking the TC, if active bets were to stay, it would stay active. I like this idea, I ping too sometimes during an active bet and nobody gets the TC when that happens. I also cannot see any complications of force pings as it doesn't benefit them or anyone else, whatsoever (the spectators of the match). If it's the players in the match that have a bet and then force ping, they've lost anyway so they won't get their TC either way.

Supported

Originally Posted by Fates View Post
I 100% support this. Don't really know why pings from people not playing makes tc sink.

Of course this can be abused by some way, but unfair abuse would be easy to notice and would be reportable by other players.
If this gets implemented, the count of reports about abusing this system will be minimal, much less than the count of the reports about TC lost by ping that staff have now.

If i could imagine the limit of developers' power, what they can and what they can't, what they will and what they won't, i would find a solution for any possible way to abuse this system.

Actually now i will explain all the thing simple and clear.

Player bets xxxx TC on Tori but gets pinged, Tori wins. The TC that Player should have won will be sent to account automatically.
If Tori lost the match, Player's tc will be split between all who won their bets by betting on Uke.

If Player has a match with someone, and does a selfbet, then pings, his tc will be splitted between all those who bet on Player's opponent. The tc of those who bet on Player will just be returned. Player will lose his tc if he pings during his match.

I also have rethought all the whole thing and decided that the bot would be a PERFECT thing for bet servers.

If a player decides to create a bet server, he pays a fee to the community, after that he gets a bot for his server.
The bot will not affect the server much. The main work will still be on host's shoulders.
The bot will note all the player's bets; it actually will do all this explained thing. I think it will be a lot easier to implement this by using an official bot.
Also the bet servers without a bot should be illegal and the creators will be in troublems
A nice addition to the bot would be that if a match ended a draw, the bot cancels the bets immidiately. Very much tc got sunk by not doing this.

================================================== ============================

I would find more usage for a bot, but of course if the suggestion gets implemented, it won't be implemented in all the details as we have it, developers will think about this much more and decide to not add some unneeded things.
I suspect that bot can be one of such things that will not be implemented so i won't descript it detailed AF.

Now i want to see any questions about this, that would be nice if you notice something bad or unthought about this system.
The idea seems so amazing! I love it.
I have been losing much tc by such bad issues, and i am sure it was unfair.

But, i see a possible way to abuse this:
A person can bet, leave, log onto another account, come back and bet on another player.

Though even if to do that, with any bet rates its impossible to benefit from that.
If any of the players wins, this bad person will be in a loss.
So it seems very safe.

-Supported-
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
The tc is distributed throughout the room. If you pinged, you can't earn it. Same goes with if you leave or are kicked. It's really not that hard. Would you want someone who got kicked for trying to do something illegal getting their tc even though they were out of server? I certainly would not. Sure, pinging sucks, but you bet at your own risk.

I suppose if you make it only work for pings (which is totally exploitable, btw) it would be remotely acceptable, but still bad.

Your argument is one about spite towards people who break the rules. Quite frankly, users shouldn't be subject to that bias. People spend money on the game and deserve their worth more than rule breakers deserve to be shamed.
Last edited by Link; Aug 19, 2016 at 03:00 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
My point was simply meant to show the possible downsides of this change. I didn't mean anything negative by it. Apologies, Linkarooni.

I still really like this idea, even with the possible downsides included. I never bet because my Internet is terrible and cuts out, but this would really make betting much easier for me and likely many others with similar issues.
Last edited by Grohenbird; Aug 19, 2016 at 03:08 AM.
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by Dare View Post
What if it's a real ping.... Not a fping.

Wouldn't it be unfair to the person which pinged for real?

Right now you lose tc by any ping or fping or whatever, so.. This just wont be changed.

It will be very abusable if pings during a match will be refunded, really.

p.s. DO THIS ALREADY
I see there are changes to the Suggestion and Ideas system. Good job on this, now it is very comfortable.
I would like this thread to be looked into, as well as I would like to hear any reasons for this to be not implemented.
Thank you.