Ranking
Original Post
Console MMORPG
I was just thinking about how Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim should be made as a MMORPG. I'm a hardcore console gamer (Xbox 360 and PS3), so I was thinking how cool it would be to have MMO for console (not necessarly Skyrim). I would like to know others' thoughts on the matter. And if there is a MMORPG for console, pleasa tell me about it.
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD ED!!!
DC universe online for ps3, or uh, not.

but yeah, TES is classically a singleplayer game due to it having not all that much generic content and an extremely hand-crafted world. It would have to be dumbed down and completely changed to go MMO, although an arena feature or something really wouldn't hurt.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
DCUO Was an MMO for the PS3.

Turned out terribly. The PC version is fun though.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I don't think an MMORPG would work as well on console, as from my experience Consoles don't have as much of a sense of community as on the PC, and community is, I think, one of the largest draw cards of an MMORPG. Communication is also a bit of a problem, as MMORPG's don't work very well without communication, and unless keyboards or Headsets become more widespread on consoles they won't work that well.
That said, I don't play consoles as much as the PC, so please feel free to disagree.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Originally Posted by Kilcreed View Post
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim should be made as a MMORPG. .

You are an idiot

Originally Posted by Kilcreed View Post
I would like to know others' thoughts on the matter. And if there is a MMORPG for console, pleasa tell me about it.

Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Originally Posted by Juhizz View Post
You are an idiot

-.- i'm sorry i thought it might have been cool in my opinion...

What I truely hoping for was something with more WoW or Runescape type feel to it. You also got to figure, alot of people would jack in their headsets for a game like that. I'm just upset that most of the good MMOs are for PC only. But then again, it does have a greater sense of community.
Last edited by Kilcreed; May 20, 2011 at 12:18 AM.
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD ED!!!
I would've agreed with TES V being an ORPG. The extra M's kinda put me off.

...honestly I think it would be a great game for multiplayer, but not MMO and anyway The Elder Scrolls is traditionally a single player series.
There is a reason why some computer mice sell for 100$

It's because they have a billion butons on them. There are mice with more buttons than a 360 or ps3 controller for a reason. MMO's usually have a lot of depth, the mice make it easier to navigate. It would be tricky to set up a comfortable control scheme on a console.

Online RPG's like borderlands are fun to play, but doing something on the scale of warcraft would be almost impossible. The highest number of people online for a console if MAG.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say