Ranking
Original Post
spirit Bloodline game, Dwarf Fortress.
Log dump from year 301, first player is Vox:

Log of Vox, Member of Violenthaze, the Gates of Insanity, founding member of the fort, Hammer of Legends. The Year 300.

Year 301, Spring:
We the Violenthaze were and eliet group sent to install a fortress in this very special location, it had been hand picked by our king, and suposedly these hills countained rare and preciouse metals, we on arival dispite our limated supplys left found a defenceable spot, ready to bring in the local resources and construct our base, which we started doing with all haste!

Survival was absolutly nessessary, so I and the other miner set out to dig out farmming land undeground, and get watter into the base, the nearest source of watter was a river we could see, but information pointed towards an underground river as well in the area. Affter survival basic production needed to be set up, metal working and weapon smithing would be desierable, and with a dempand for wood as mechanical components it would be wise to syphon the near by magma pipe.

It wasn't too long before we had our first growing crops in the area and beds to sleep in, we started walling it off from the inside as well as structural support, and for athetics. By now we had alot of tunnel dug, and we were getting to the watter pipe, but it was going to take alittle while to finish, thankfuly as the rumors we'd herd suggested the area was metal rich, and we were running into copper veins and aluminium veins while we dug.

Year 301 Summer:

Progress wasn't as fast as I'd hopped, mining in the rock was hard here, it was very strong rock and so even getting watter into the base was prooving dificult, magma and metal seemed a long way off hopeless dream for now, but atleaste we had food.

We are under attack! thankfully our millitary sprung into action as Rhaken beat down many Rheses Macaque's, they fell quick to him being week beasts of the wild, but it interupted much of our work.

Affter the battel in total 10 were slain, the entrace to our base litterd with thier corpses, one that was shelterd degraded spewing misma everywhere, also our baracks was now finaly complete for temporary sleep.

Finaly we broke the river into the pipe, The diversion would be slow to fill but once it does we'll have fresh watter at our leasure, It was allmost time to begin digging on the magma, but first we needed a factory level, and a meteing hall, and accomadation, alot to do but I still can't help but be excited at the thaught of the smell of a furness, I guess affter the misma it's only nature to lust a sweeter smell.

Affter planning out the factory level's beginings and starting work on it, I biult our Trade Depot up ready for traveling caravans, we sould soon get supplies, however if the factory wasn't done we'd have nothing to trade.

Year 301 Autumn:

Progress again, was slow, but with watter coming in, food piling up and a trade depot biult, not to mention beds, the place felt alot more like a home, It won't be long before we can construct our homes.

It wasn't long before we had a caravan arive, intime to see our depot, but not our trade, we'd have to work hard to make the next caravan that arived affter this worth it.

We set up our first workshops, however by the time we had it all ready to biuld the caravan left, too bad, but we should get in bauxite next time, this will be useful in magma proof systems.

Alot more digging to go, we have the magma pipe and pit well underconstruction.

Year 301 Winter:

We rushed to finish the pit before spring, hopfully we could start forging metals soon.

Year 302 (log entries for this year seem to be missing)
Last edited by Vox; Oct 18, 2009 at 01:26 PM.
Can we attach the archived save with each blog?
[Also a holder for my blog as my turn next.]
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
Sure, I'll upload the save file on the previous log. (in a few moments)

a holder for your log? (I refuse to use blog, since it's not a blog.)