Toribash
Original Post
Respect and proper behavior

I recieved three replies like this after infracting a user for blatantly breaking the a clearly stated market rule twice.

Is this really how people should be behaving towards moderators, or are the rules really too strict to justify the moderators getting any respect (rules only there to get you infracted or similar)?

Or, alternatively, is it simply that people do not have any respect whatsoever for figures of authority anymore and that this is to be expected from youth.
Being able so sit behind a computer screen, unseen by everybody. You can write whatever you want without any repercussions. It's not about the person per-say, but the opportunity to respond like that.
Oh yeah nahhh, if you had the slightest bit of respect and common sense, you'd at least apologize if you ever wanted to be unbanned.

He had the opportunity to do that but instead flamed a moderator for doing his job.
It's the internet. You can't really expect any respect at all, and half of the people that play this game could care less about rules.

Moderators should know this above all really.

And rules are rules, i don't think they are too strict, but sometimes they can be forced upon a bit too hard.

And of course most youths don't have respect for figures of authority.
Especially if you give them an infract point.

It's to be expected from the toribash community imo
I would just like to add that 90% of the responses I get are generally respectful.
I lol'd at the "...get a fucking line" part
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
This is the first time in three years that I've recieved such an incredibly offensive reply, however.

Would this guy be aware that he could get banned for comments like this, or would he think it was a normal thing to do to a reply to an infraction regarding obvious rule breaking?
He had a very irrational moment. That or he is retarded/incredibly dumb or simply a troll. Just ignore him or give him an infraction I guess.

I hardly got any hatemails so far. Three or four I think.
I get more compliments than hatemails.

Surely there are people who don't agree with my actions, some are talking behind my back, in clan boards for example, but I can say that the Toribash community in general respects authority.
Go on youtube.

Read some of the comments.

There are tons of people who will react like a dick no matter the situation.
Originally Posted by Chozo View Post
This is the first time in three years that I've recieved such an incredibly offensive reply, however.

Would this guy be aware that he could get banned for comments like this, or would he think it was a normal thing to do to a reply to an infraction regarding obvious rule breaking?

Well, obviously you'll get the odd one who doesn't understand the necessity and importance of rule enforcement and will lash out as a result of a combination of confusion and frustration. But the fact that in your (long ass) reign as an smod you haven't had this response shows that at least the majority of the community understands and respects our purpose here. Honestly if they didn't I wouldn't be here still.