Ranking
Originally Posted by toriabiz View Post
but he said so many bad things..

Most mods are thick skinned. It's sometimes better to let a user vent than to retaliate and provoke him some more.
It doesn't seem like something that I would flame about, the rules aren't strict to me.. I think it's just that the guy overreacted to the infraction. I wouldn't be happy if I got infracted either, but I wouldn't get all that pissed about it, neither would I start cussing the mod out or anything. But that to me is a little TOO far.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Originally Posted by Chozo View Post
That's what's so disturbing about this, it's not like the user got infracted for flaming, spamming or racism. He just broke a rule that is set in stone.

I meant that the people are prone to flaming/spamming/racisting(?) me. And i dont take it personally at all, they are just mad because i banned them. I dont know what would actually happen if i dealt with regular infractions.
Ah, I think there's a few factors behind it. One would be the maturity of the individual. Less mature people I suppose would tend to be more aggressive and unaccepting. Two would be what their "punishment" was. Somebody might be more angry over being banned as opposed to getting infracted for a useless post. Third would be the person's opinion on what they were punished for. If they feel they were wrongly accused, they'd naturally be more angry.

Anyways, I tend to treat people with respect if they treat me with respect. If an admin insults me or is condescending towards me, then naturally I'm going to be less respectful towards them. If they're kind and respectful, then I too will act that way. The only exception to this is if I feel I've been wrongly accused of something, in which I would speak up, but not in blatant rudeness. Just my opinion on the matter.
zuɐɹpʞɹɐp ʇɔǝdxǝ | [ριïαâôz] | [εssεηcε]
Originally Posted by rappunk23 View Post
Ah, I think there's a few factors behind it. One would be the maturity of the individual. Less mature people I suppose would tend to be more aggressive and unaccepting. Two would be what their "punishment" was. Somebody might be more angry over being banned as opposed to getting infracted for a useless post. Third would be the person's opinion on what they were punished for. If they feel they were wrongly accused, they'd naturally be more angry.

Then there's that bit how none of that excuses anyone from taking responsibility for their own actions. Even while most people understand this, there are still a few who have little or no understanding of how to take responsibility.