Toribash
Original Post
Grab threshold
I know this is ragdoll physics, and not everything is supposed to be realistic.
However, I think it would be a neat mod/game rule in which grip will be lost after a certian amount of pressure is met. This would be neat for breaking out of holds or pin downs.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 9, 2014 at 10:39 PM.
This is an interesting idea, question is, would players be able to break grabs effectively, and could it be implemented without fucking up the perfect throw?
What we don't want is random grab breaks that affects the whole game, what we should do is make the game less random.

On the other hand, it could make for an interesting separate mod, as well as hybrids. Because the only objectives right now is either score or DQ. Adding pain and body locks to that could make an interesting new turn for the game.
I'm pretty much for anything that gives the game more variety.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
So when your in aikido when the pain threshold is reached you still have a chance to win? will this stop shovers because the grab will break anyways nice idea. not so sure if I should support this suggestion.
Originally Posted by TMinster View Post
So when your in aikido when the pain threshold is reached you still have a chance to win? will this stop shovers because the grab will break anyways nice idea. not so sure if I should support this suggestion.

It would add randomness into the game, which is bad. As a mod specific option, it could fit very nicely into the game.
Aikido is aikido, i don't think the concept of pain will work with the mod, but there are other mods that may benefit from it.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by TMinster View Post
will this stop shovers because the grab will break anyways nice idea.

I don't understand that at all.
Also, grabs do nothing to impede shovelers.
I have a patented no-grab shoveling technique, works just as fine as grabs. It's been tested thoroughly by willing victims and in singleplayer.
Shoveler can not and will not be stopped.

Anyways, seems like a pretty useless idea.
Toribash is about destroying your opponent, not making them flinch to death.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
Anyways, seems like a pretty useless idea.
Toribash is about destroying your opponent, not making them flinch to death.

I thought it was a martial arts game. Irl aikido has a lot to do with pain and joint locks.
With your logic the concept of DQ wouldn't have existed.
i am against this idea because a perfect move can be one that needs the opponent to grab but if they don't, because of this, the move is ruined.

onthe other hand it can create new moves and strategies

so im 66% agree and 34% disagree
Originally Posted by thepander View Post
i am against this idea because a perfect move can be one that needs the opponent to grab but if they don't, because of this, the move is ruined.

onthe other hand it can create new moves and strategies

so im 66% agree and 34% disagree

The whole point of this is to have a chance to do a skillful maneuver and halt your opponents move and effectively counter.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
[Team Wushu]
Pm me any questions! I will be happy to help.
If two people contract pecs and wrists and both grab in aikido. Each of their left hands will have the grab and they can let go and it WILL let go even though the other guy is still grabbing. thats the common grab glitch. but anyhow, that'd fuck up the grab system that i like.
-Not supported
Toribash wasn't mean to be realistic, if it was, it wouldn't be two rag dolls tearing each other apart in moon gravity. (Pretty close to tonakai's)

~ not supported
Pffff why noone understands this
dubduck
toribash wasnt made to be realistic but
why do they have hands toribash wasnt made to be realistic ""we should remove their hands""
just because it wasnt made to be realistic doesnt mean that we cant add realistic things
get me?
just because something is realistic dosnt mean it shouldnt be added
hair is real and they added it
I hope all people understands this
now like the suggsution
it is realistic
and should be added as an option
and added to flags or game options
Supported
-----
I think we should fix the grab glitch first then make this
Last edited by scorpionma; Nov 29, 2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump