Toribash
Original Post
Regarding Elo, dueling, etc
Hello, i was really wondering if there was a chance to even bring back the old elo ranking system since now it seems far easy to farm for the elo, if you would just look at ezalor he is a reason why farming exists and even though he has been banned multiple times he still continues doing so, when it comes to dueling i was one day dueling shmevin and i spectated before the frame 1 even started and that wouldn't even take out your elo but if you had spectated after the second frame or etc, you would lose elo and could easily tell the score since they spectated, since when i spectated before frame one he admittingly said the score was 2-0 when i had spectated before frame one. anyways, this ranking system we have now is really not benefiting anyone other than the people who just farm for rank 1 winnings or earnings or what ever they are.
agree that the ranking system is not as good as it was before.
few years ago, people tried to rank 1 in some mod, or in general, this is now no motivation. Award for rank 1 is useful, but it completely destroys the gameplay.
New ranking system had a good idea behind it, but... it was executed poorly.

Perhaps there should be three ranking systems running: All-time rankings (aka old system), monthly rankings (aka new system), and official mod ranking (the mod ranking with a little more emphasis on it). Prizes could be given with all-time winners receiving the most, and mod winners receiving the least. I think this would make everyone happy.

I agree that it is pointless to noobstomp to rank 1 all month. I tryed my best a month or 2 but it was borring af. I don't agree that somebody should get 1 mili tc for just having patience and waiting around for noob players to beat all day long. Matchmaking is also useless since nobody uses it.
When the system started there was some potential until people figured out that its not the best man that wins, but the person with the most time to burn every month.
Anyway i don'see any fix rlly... Its just another mili that goes to ezalor every month. Nothing against it...but its not a competitive thing.

Idk, maybe after u get rank 25 or better there are is only 1 room restricted for the 25 players with rotating mods. But ofc the room will be always empty. Maybe top 100 with some advantage of getting 50\100 tc\win...
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Yeh, the new ranking system was executed poorly because, without warning, hampa suddenly reset the ranks and expected us to fix it -_- we were only half way through planning it at the time.

Then when we put this thing in place, iirc, it was supposed to be temporary until matchmaking was fixed (lol), and then global ranks would have been based only on matchmaking, to reduce noob farming as much as possible (with mod ranks attainable from normal servers, similar to how the system used to be). And I don't think I need to tell you how badly hampa fucked up matchmaking. Literally didn't listen to a thing we suggested.

hampa is a nice guy, but my lord how I wish he'd sell this game to a development team that actually gave a shit
Last edited by Moop; Jan 6, 2017 at 11:24 AM.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
yes,mistakes have been made,and i am sure that there was only
good intentions behind them,but one thing i can't understand is
why after all this backlash there has been done nothing to fix them,
it's like they don't want to admit it was a bad decision.

Like what is this obsession with the new ranking system?
the majority of the community doesn't like it,there has been
many threads complaining about it,the ranked rooms are empty,
and after its implementation there has been done nothing to fix it.

Its like we are being forced to like it be having no other alternative.
I think you forget how many people were complaining about it before the change too. The new 'system' isn't great (not that the system is new, the only differences are restricting which servers have ranked matches and the rank resets), but the old system wasn't good either.

The answer to your question though, is there is nothing that staff can do to fix it, apart from adding more ranked servers which would be pointless. If you want a systemic change in ranks then that requires devs/hampa, who aren't particularly reliable or active.

To summarise:

Originally Posted by Moop
My lord how I wish he'd sell this game to a development team that actually gave a shit

one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
yes i don't remember how many complains there were for the old system,
but probably the nature of those complains were different,personally
i don't have a problem on how the ranks are calculated,i have a problem
that there is no ranks for all mods (see a similar suggestion i have made:
non competitive permanent ranks

Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
bring back a part of the old rank system,allows the players
to know how they compare against other players,but in the mods
they care about.

they can be elo based like the current system,but they will not reset each month and they will not add to your competitive rank.

I believe it will help boost the ingame activity,and it will encourage
players to try more mods.

edit: the current system disregards any player that don't like the current ranked mods,so im just
saying add ranks to all mods,keep them outside of the global rank count,but allow us to have fun.

Originally Posted by Moop View Post
Yeh, the new ranking system was executed poorly because, without warning, hampa suddenly reset the ranks and expected us to fix it -_- we were only half way through planning it at the time.

Then when we put this thing in place, iirc, it was supposed to be temporary until matchmaking was fixed (lol), and then global ranks would have been based only on matchmaking, to reduce noob farming as much as possible (with mod ranks attainable from normal servers, similar to how the system used to be). And I don't think I need to tell you how badly hampa fucked up matchmaking. Literally didn't listen to a thing we suggested.

hampa is a nice guy, but my lord how I wish he'd sell this game to a development team that actually gave a shit

Congratz moop u caught up finally, only been saying it for 4 years.

About the idea, it probably should happen untill the current one is fixed ( which will never happen). The old rank system was terrible but the mod rank aspect to it was half decent at least, i think it would be better than the one we have now.