Toribash
Original Post
Desktop or Laptop?
I need some pros and cons to buy a laptop or save for a desktop computer.

Information to help you:
-I use alot of programs at once like GIMP, Toribash, IExplorer 8, XChat
-I do a lot of web browsing
-I am in high school

I'm not sure whether to get a laptop so I can work at school and such, and give up the ease that comes with a mouse and seperated keyboard. Or to get a desktop so I can be more efficient, but give up the mobility.
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
If you play games and such I'd say desktop.

The only thing thats better about laptops is that they are mobile.
So you can be on them during car rides, planes, and such. Even then 90% of things done on computers require internet =|.

The only other thing I like is that I can be in a room with my friends and still be on it. You may not need/want this, otherwise thats a +.

But as far as power and stuff, id say go desktop.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

It really doesn't matter if you get a wireless mouse, for you're laptop.

Laptops are portable, and in my opinion, much better (w/e a wireless mouse)

Desktops, are mostly for gaming, home work etc..

You could always hook up you're laptop to you're printer.

I think they both have the same power.
Rainbowdash
Call me lLlLlLlLl because I spit straight bars when i rap or call me $tr8B@rz
Laptops cost roughly twice the price for the same power as a desktop.

I love having my desktop set up as my 'command center', and immovable powerhouse that caters to my every need.

But I also love having my laptop, since I don't always want to sit at my desk, sometimes I want to be outside or on a couch or on the move.

Both have advantages.

If I were you I would get a laptop.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
It kind of depends, if your going to use it for work and little play, then get a laptop. the only pro I can say about a desktop is that it seens reletively faster while being able to hold more stuff.
---------------------------------------------------
~Trottlyert~
Seems like laptop for you, since you do light media work and no serious gaming.

I used to have just a desktop (my dad borrowed my laptop once and broke it....bastard!), and it sucked in high school when we were meeting up for group projects and I'd have to borrow someone else's the whole time. So I think you should go for the laptop.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
if your not going to bedoing like any serious gaming then a decent laptop is fine i play toribas on mine and even go to LANs and a laptop is really useful in school if they allow it
She Walks In Beauty and Light
FRee TC
Laptop, good for gaming(Had 4 games on my old one), gets shit done, and it's portable. Done deal.
Personally, PC for gaming and laptop for traveling. Laptops can still play games but they aren't very good for running things such as Toribash or a game that has intense graphics.
Not giving a fuck about hurricanes is pretty badass - Fee

#ItemRights!