Toribash
Originally Posted by devil1337 View Post
Bro, your sig speaks for AMD's quality.

I had an intel dual core with less cpu than my current amd dual core, and the intel one behaved better ^^

uhh, how can a cpu be less of a cpu than another one


oh and I'm not your bro, and if my signature speaks for amd's quality, then amd rocks.
Last edited by Tart; Mar 1, 2011 at 08:44 PM.
Σ
Originally Posted by Tart View Post
uhh, how can a cpu be less of a cpu than another one


oh and I'm not your bro, and if my signature speaks for amd's quality, then amd rocks.

1.They just are ^^
2. Figure of speech, doh.
3. I think it can all be down to this: If you like farts, buy AMD, otherwise go with Intel.
oh alright you say something is better "just because it is", nice justification of your own affirmations.
Σ
Originally Posted by Tart View Post
oh alright you say something is better "just because it is", nice justification of your own affirmations.

It's a simple justification over a statement repeated by multiple users across this thread, and if you ask any experienced computer specialist he would probably give the same answer. If you need further explanations/proof then use google, ask your local specialist, find somebody here who is willing to go through every technical detail concerning this comparison or better yet, use two processor with a similar cpu range, one from Intel and one from AMD, and compare them first handed over an extended period of time.
Originally Posted by devil1337 View Post
It's a simple justification over a statement repeated by multiple users across this thread, and if you ask any experienced computer specialist he would probably give the same answer. If you need further explanations/proof then use google, ask your local specialist, find somebody here who is willing to go through every technical detail concerning this comparison or better yet, use two processor with a similar cpu range, one from Intel and one from AMD, and compare them first handed over an extended period of time.

Well, it's obvious that they'll say intel is better, basically because their top notch i7's are fucking awesome and have the best technology out there. However, compare the i7 980x extreme's price to the AMD's Phenom II X6 1090T, and you'll see that the i7 is something like three times the price of the AMD, yet, the performance increase isn't three times better.

My rig has a stock 1055T and it runs fucking fine with BFBC2 maxed out(and yes BFBC2 does really need a good cpu to run fine), if I got an expensive as shit intel, what would I get more? A ~5 fps increase? Wow, that really justifies the price.
Σ
Originally Posted by Tart View Post
Well, it's obvious that they'll say intel is better, basically because their top notch i7's are fucking awesome and have the best technology out there. However, compare the i7 980x extreme's price to the AMD's Phenom II X6 1090T, and you'll see that the i7 is something like three times the price of the AMD, yet, the performance increase isn't three times better.

My rig has a stock 1055T and it runs fucking fine with BFBC2 maxed out(and yes BFBC2 does really need a good cpu to run fine), if I got an expensive as shit intel, what would I get more? A ~5 fps increase? Wow, that really justifies the price.

A 5 fps increase, in other games, can mean the difference between a playable game and an unplayable one. And it's more than a 5 fps increase, if you can count the OC you can do even with a stock cooling system. With a very old intel chipset and a cheap ass cooling fan I had for years, I manage to oc it up to almost 35% more power, something I don't even dare to do with my current amd processor.

Also, if you want quality you have to pay for it. Even if it's more expensive, on the long run it will be worth it.
yeah because anyone is rich enough to spend 900 bucks on a cpu.

also oc'ing amd cpus is fine, "google it".
Σ
Originally Posted by Tart View Post
yeah because anyone is rich enough to spend 900 bucks on a cpu.

also oc'ing amd cpus is fine, "google it".

An i7 can cost even around 300 usd, it depends on their performance.

Yeah I know that is fine, I was refering to the % up to which a cpu can be oc with a bad cooler.
it completely depends on what you'll be doing with your computer

if it's going to be used for gaming, you'll only see a 1-2 fps difference from a Phenom II 955 and an i5 750, but with a ~$60 difference. The i5 will shine when video rendering/other software, etc.

both can easily overclock to 4.0 ghz with a proper cooler, although intel will see more speed when overclocked.

while the i5 750 is the all around better product, it does cost more. I'm just not sure the slight performance increase is worth the extra $60. If you're on a budget, the definitely go with AMD. If you have the money, go with intel.
hi
ITT: Tart is an AMD fanboy. His logic is "my AMD runs BFBC2 fine". Please ignore him and listen to reason >_>