Ranking
Original Post
Options for disabling custom sounds.
Hi
The kiai was added with the best intentions and I really like it when people use it correctly, but this addition to the game is so commonly mistreated as a place to show off their favorite music.
Especially dubstep...
When I play Toribash I do so with the default music off so I can listen to my own playlist, which I assume others do as well.
I still need the general sounds from Toribash to know when it's my turn or to not forget I exist after I tab down, so muting Toribash fully would not do it.
As you might have guessed or experienced, the problem comes when you're basically forced to listen to two songs at the same time..
Then they announce grab-sounds and dq-sounds.... and ofc people jam in their music on these 3 items, making playing and listening to music terrible.
Then as the match finishes, they're all played back and forth over each-other multiple times.

Delegalize dubstep

Please include multiple options for disabling custom sounds or create some system for regulating what people put in there.
The latter would be the best from my perspective, although not that realistic I guess.
Last edited by Hattersin; Oct 25, 2014 at 03:08 PM.
PM me with any and all questions
Yes, the kiai sound is kinda annoying but some of them is kinda cool. It'll be good to disable kiai to some certain users and enable to some certain others.

Supported
"Pervert is gift. Pervert is Bliss. Pervert is all man's true nature." -PervPerfc (Pervert Perfected)
Wouldn't it discourage use of sounds it then?
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
Not really. We just don't want to here

"FSFHHSJDFHSDFHSDFDFSSADSDFSFS" and other spammy Hit sounds, while having sounds on.

You could always go into the customs folder and replace their sounds with defaults, I guess, But that's a lot of work.

Nevertheless, I support this. It's a nuisance not being able to have sounds on without hearing some annoying Dubstep or screeches from the ancient god of destruction himself.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by Rhaemond View Post

Like shitty dubstep Kiais isn't already discouraging it.
Last edited by Hattersin; Jun 7, 2015 at 04:05 PM.

It would only make people think twice before putting something retarded in their Kiai or Hit sound.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Doesn't it also devalue sounds and the use of it tho?? Then again it's like the command where you can disable flames..
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
Doesn't it also devalue sounds and the use of it tho?? Then again it's like the command where you can disable flames..

You're asking this because you're biased. You don't want to sell less sounds. It doesn't matter if it devalues sounds if it's a shitty annoying feature.
Last edited by Hattersin; Jun 8, 2015 at 01:55 AM.
Well people want to enjoy sounds but not all sounds,

Whether Sounds will be devalued, it's in order to allow people to enjoy Toribash sound without people's customized [S]Trash/S] kiais and hitsounds.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
You're asking this because you're biased. You don't want to sell less sounds. It doesn't matter if it devalues sounds if it's a shitty annoying feature.

Not really, I don't dabble in sound item selling, but I own sound items, a lot of us do, plus as an artist that does and edit kiai sounds, I take pride in my work... Less will people hear it and stuff so.. yeah :/
/mute <kiai> <player>
/mute <hitsound> <player>

This would make it so you can choose which one bothers you. The muting of the player won't unmute their sounds or kiais until you do:
/unmute <kiai> or <hitsound> <player>

This is what I like.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."