ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Knock-out!
Greetings to all.

Once playing Toribash a while ago i thought of the idea of introducing an "Knock-out" option to the game. This "Kock-out" happens when a player takes a strong/noticeable strike to the head which causes the person receiving a "knock-out" or getting "Knocked-out" the player then becomes fully relaxed and is unable to move for a certain time/ frames.

Looking for more feedback on this idea and other thoughts that should be introduced into the game.

Regards,
Adam
Last edited by Adam; Apr 17, 2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Name change
Would this mean if I got hit in the head while I was low to the ground I would dq? If the turnframes are longer than the Knock-outframes would it be show on the ghost as a delayed move or just as a normal move which after pressing space is delayed?
How will this avoid the situations where the arm scrapes the head and you will be knocked out allowing for an easy decap?
This KO system would mean there is less frames to perform comebacks.

i am a bird now - Lil B

While I know KO's would be kind of cool, I don't like the idea. First off, It would mean in mods that we have created before this is implemented would have to be changed in order to add this effect. Second, how would dm's work? They already start you off with a full body relax which is enough of an annoyance already, especially when they're random (which would probably be even worse with KO's) and considering the fact that some dm's should completely paralyze you. There's no way to balance an idea like this. Some things fracture when they should Dm. Some things Dm when they should fracture. Adding KO's would be just another layer to add and a broken one at that, if they don't get the correct(by correct I mean exact) Ko/Dm/Frac ratio. It would require a whole engine change. Toggling this won't help because then you have to change the frames and the threshold even though you don't even know how the hell it's supposed to work. If you get a knockout but it's only for 20 or 10 frames, what's the point. If you get a knockout that has the opponent Ko'ed for 60 or 70 games, it's a freebie. Lastly, the whole point of Toribash is to make cool saves and have great games. All people will do in Ko enabled mods is decap opener and/or head rush kick(depending on the mod). It will become not only boring as hell if you Ko your opponent, it become overly difficult and stupidly hard to win if you've been Ko'ed. It's also very easy to farm public servers by just quickly hitting the head. They made mods and scripts for a reason. It's for people who want to do things like this, but have to many downsides on Multiplayer to really have a good impact on the game.
Sincerely,
Qukslice
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
it would be really annoying in a spar, I doubt people would use it. I think that the full body knockout should only happen with force applied to the head rather than the neck joint (which is what fracs or dms so yeah...) and it should just be based on damage (points) done to the head. And perhaps making it so you can't get re-knockedout while already out so that you don't just end up relaxing all for ages with the opponent just repeatedly face punching you in mods without easy dqs.

The other problem would be if the KO lasts 10 frames and in those 10 frames the other player prepared himself to KO you again... In boxing modes you guys think this would be nice, but actually its the worst thing that would happen to the boxing modes. Why ? Cuz like I said before if you get KOed the next enemy move will be waiting till you recover yourself to KO you again... and you know how high the force of the pecs in boxing modes is ? I am sry but this isnt even close to a good idea
It would be really awesome as an option though. The force required to knockout could be raised (in the same way as dismember threshold) to compensate for the power of the pecs in these mods so I am not sure why you think they pose such a problem.
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Daammmnnnn View Post
The other problem would be if the KO lasts 10 frames and in those 10 frames the other player prepared himself to KO you again... In boxing modes you guys think this would be nice, but actually its the worst thing that would happen to the boxing modes. Why ? Cuz like I said before if you get KOed the next enemy move will be waiting till you recover yourself to KO you again... and you know how high the force of the pecs in boxing modes is ? I am sry but this isnt even close to a good idea

Of course it would apply to different mods with different knockoutthreshold rates. It probably won't be needed in sparring, but for fun and competitive things; tourneys, boxing, etc, It would make the game more realistic and developed.
I am sry but this isnt even close to a good idea

This idea however is surely not developed enough to be criticizing it like that, at least I think so. ;O
Last edited by Link; Feb 28, 2015 at 09:14 PM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I think this is a great idea. All mods could use this, for example in akido it would actually make defending those head grab openers important, I do think knockouts should be determined by points to the head not neck, and the spam knockout problem doesn't make any sense, most mods dont have the capability to deal multiple powerful hits in rapid succession, and any problems could be resolved by changing knockout frame times
Completely supported, lets give it a try
i dont think this would be good for all mods. I think it would be good for striking mods like RK-MMA or Ninjitsu and stuff but not in TK or stuff with really long turn frames like JudoFrac or Wushu
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
This K.O. system would be intresting in mods like JudoFrac or Wushu, especially Wushu. Think about it.
I think this is genius, it would change the mindset of fighting. You would have to put more defense into your style, supported.