Toribash
Original Post
Canceling bets.
This is a thread concerning the ban of someone canceling bets that were around 1%. People getting banned for enforcing the 10% rule. To my knowledge, laithoon got banned for enforcing the 10% rule. I don't see how that was a problem, when he enforced a server rule, to benefit the players so tc does not sink, is ban worthy. If i bet 1million tc, and i get a 1k counter, I would want the host to cancel the bets. Seeing as you can only get 5x what you bet, you would then sink approximately 995000 tc. I don't think that banning the person who preserves this tc from simple falling into the void should be a bannable offense. My point here, allow host to enforce the 10% rule in order to prevent the sink of tc. It's utter bullshit to ban someone for trying to save TC. It's our servers, let us run it the way we want to, without the loss of TC.

i miss you ocean
Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
I feel that GM's and admins alike are trying to stop bet servers all together. They took away fukes, and are banning if you cancelbets. Thoughts?

neither of those commands existed before and bet servers were doing pretty well, you might believe it or not but there was no such a thing as broadcast for public use or decapprize. People hosted, fun was had.
I also agree with cancel bets being unbanned. I should be allowed to bet what ever amount of tc I want without having to worry about whether my tc will vanish into the void.
Saying that this would help the economy because it's sinking is bullshit too because all the tc will pile up in one place instead of a bunch a little places. Tourneys and public rooms can only distribute so much and you would have to change the tourneys again to account for this. That's if, you're gonna start giving away 50k every 10 to 20 minutes at 5-9 dan tourneys. Nobody can duel if nobody has any money what-so-ever because (like I already explained) it's piled up on one account. Bet servers wouldn't have any bets(because of sinking and nobody has tc)and fail and gm tourneys can't be constantly going on to distribute prizes(And stellar isn't here too so now all of the gm torney stuff is all below 15k. Stellar gave stuff like no qi void or no qi elf) . The market wouldn't get any buyers and selling tc would be impossible since nobody has any.
The bet system works well because one side always loses tc to the other side. Tc is always constantly changing to other people, but not sinking. The tc stays in circulation, therefore making the tb economy stable and keeping the tb economy alive.
Last edited by Qukslice; Jun 26, 2015 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Spell checking and making sure I make sense
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Saying that this would help the economy because it's sinking is bullshit too because all the tc will pile up in one place instead of a bunch a little places----Nobody can duel if nobody has any money what-so-ever because (like I already explained) it's piled up on one account.

Lol wut? That doesn't matter sense. You can't assume that the tc will stay in that one account forever, maybe that tc is bound to get distributed in more bets along with other market stuff. It will STILL be in the economy regardless.
Last edited by Devil; Jun 27, 2015 at 12:25 AM.

Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
I should be allowed to bet what ever amount of tc I want without having to worry about whether my tc will vanish into the void.
Saying that this would help the economy because it's sinking is bullshit too because all the tc will pile up in one place instead of a bunch a little places.

Let's say you bet 1,000,000, the counter is 1k, and you lose the bet. Though 995,000 will sink, you would have lost the 1,000,000 whether it goes into the void or to the player betting against you. So why does it matter if the TC sinks? And sinking helps the economy because the less TC people have on average, the more valuable it is. This is based on the price of things in the shop/market. If everyone had 1,000,000, then Toricredits would be inflated for the prices of items, meaning the overall prices of items in the shop would need to be raised to account for the loss of value in TC. When people lose TC to the void, it becomes slightly more valuable simply because there is less of it in circulation.
hey it's me hobo, i posted on the wrong acc who cares

there's no real way the economy can be disrupted by sinking small amounts of tc
most betting lobbies come equipped with multiple high-betting people
if there isn't, then there's tons of low-med range betters
most of the time there are counters of 20%+ and of the few times that there are lower, it is for a good reason :

1. someone stupid decided to sb 100k, they're bad, and no one is really capable to bet against it to make it above 10%
2. someone good decided to sb 100K, they're obviously good so few people bet against them - unless it's a fair fight

any other option somehow falls under one of these categories, pretty much no matter how you look at it
you're all fighting this war that it's sinking tc and causing 'economy issues'
that's frankly bullshit and it's stupid
most staff will always be ok, in some manner, with tc sinking
to be really fair, even i'm ok with tc being sunk
this creates more reasons for people to buy, sell, and distribute tc amongst each other
also more people buy tc from the torishop ;) which really gives hampa a stiffy

do i agree that cancelbets be removed? of course not, it's a very useful command that, if used without trying to gain something, can help create thriving betting lobbies with lots of genuine bets and give people more confidence to bet
almost no matter what, there will be tc sunk on any given day due to betting so why force it to happen more frequently?

i support whatever reason the gms/staff have to give for keeping/removing
but i do hope they decide to make it legal to use for certain purposes
oh and add back fuke, that shit was soooo gooood
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
TC sinking never was the reason, stop pulling things outta your ass guys.

Then wtf is the point. We are trying to save peoples tc, just so we can fund the economy even more. I don't understand why soft rules in OUR servers aren't allowed. Take your shit no canceling rules, and go host your own GMbets.
now now, don't cover yourself with stories about economy, the changes are going to be unnoticeable, how are you saving their TC? to save someone's TC you must take from the other, outcome doesn't change here either. And once money is involved the argument that it's "your" server becomes invalid aswell, you are not allowed to do as you please for an obvious reason.
There COULD be an argument for when tc is going to be sunk by a bet, the tc that would be sunk goes back to the original better.

There is however not really much of an argument for cancelling bets altogether when there are counters, as you are stopping someone from earning tc when they would have won a bet, multiplying the tc they had by 5. Unless there was also a rule that you had to pay the amount of money the person would have won to them canceling their bet is completely unjust

The argument "its bullshit when noone counters" isnt very good either for the reasons hobo said.
If youre clearly going to win who will bet against you?
and if you bet high and you lost, you would lose the tc anyway and you took the risk of doing the bet in the first place

it all comes back to "bet at your own risk"
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
The rules are the rules.
The admins are obviously enforcing them for a reason, so get over it.
It is the way it is, and if you don't like it, stop playing in bet servers.
Not supported.
father of philip scone