ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Canceling bets.
This is a thread concerning the ban of someone canceling bets that were around 1%. People getting banned for enforcing the 10% rule. To my knowledge, laithoon got banned for enforcing the 10% rule. I don't see how that was a problem, when he enforced a server rule, to benefit the players so tc does not sink, is ban worthy. If i bet 1million tc, and i get a 1k counter, I would want the host to cancel the bets. Seeing as you can only get 5x what you bet, you would then sink approximately 995000 tc. I don't think that banning the person who preserves this tc from simple falling into the void should be a bannable offense. My point here, allow host to enforce the 10% rule in order to prevent the sink of tc. It's utter bullshit to ban someone for trying to save TC. It's our servers, let us run it the way we want to, without the loss of TC.

i miss you ocean
Originally Posted by Seihareach View Post
TC rates will grow expensive, items price will rise = More people encouraged to buy TC, subscriptions, boosters = More money for developers.

Do you even economics? That's not how that works at all. If there's less tc, what's left would have more purchasing power and therefore the prices of items would actually go down. That's called deflation. Probably one of the most simple things in economics.
Originally Posted by BarenJuden View Post
Do you even economics? That's not how that works at all. If there's less tc, what's left would have more purchasing power and therefore the prices of items would actually go down. That's called deflation. Probably one of the most simple things in economics.

My mistake, item price will actually go down. Pretty sure TC will be quite more expensive.
-----
Originally Posted by jkawig View Post
Betting has its name for a reason. Its meant to be risky if it was added it would not be betting it would be safebetting. bet at your own risk lol. So basiclly we can make a new betting system like if you bet and you lose the bet you cant bet for 24 hours or something else. And if you bet and win the bet you dont need to wait 24 hours. But the name still doesnt make sense for that.

Not supported.

That's idiotic. Losing the bet is already a risk, having no counters should not be a risk. That idea of yours is basically stupid.
Last edited by Seihareach; Jul 1, 2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Bringer of Hell
You guys are looking way too much into shit that really doesn't matter. Betting in itself is a risk, but this whole "there's also a risk of not having any counters" thing is nonsense. If the better loses, they lose their TC regardless of what counters there may have been. If they win, they get their TC plus whatever is their cut from the counters that were placed. The amount countered has no bearing on how much somebody puts at stake - it only affects the potential reward.

Implementing any form of cancel bets does nothing to lower the risks for any individual. What they stand to lose remains entirely the same and is entirely in their control the whole time. The argument of TC being sunk is silly and irrelevant - any TC that's sunk is TC that the better would have lost anyway. They knew what they were doing when they bet and they knew there was the chance that they would lose it and there's absolutely no reason at all for them to give a shit about the fate of that TC beyond the fact that it's not theirs anymore. The canceling bets because there's "not a proper counter" is a massive cop-out and is beyond stupid. Don't bet shit you're not willing to lose.
Originally Posted by Risk View Post
You guys are looking way too much into shit that really doesn't matter. Betting in itself is a risk, but this whole "there's also a risk of not having any counters" thing is nonsense. If the better loses, they lose their TC regardless of what counters there may have been. If they win, they get their TC plus whatever is their cut from the counters that were placed. The amount countered has no bearing on how much somebody puts at stake - it only affects the potential reward.

Implementing any form of cancel bets does nothing to lower the risks for any individual. What they stand to lose remains entirely the same and is entirely in their control the whole time. The argument of TC being sunk is silly and irrelevant - any TC that's sunk is TC that the better would have lost anyway. They knew what they were doing when they bet and they knew there was the chance that they would lose it and there's absolutely no reason at all for them to give a shit about the fate of that TC beyond the fact that it's not theirs anymore. The canceling bets because there's "not a proper counter" is a massive cop-out and is beyond stupid. Don't bet shit you're not willing to lose.

Even if it's not their TC anymore, the other individual who placed a bet would receive the TC. Therefore, leading to more bets. The person who lost the bet will have the chance to get it back if the other person bets again. If the whole TC sunk, and the winner only gets 5k from a million TC bet, there will be no way to win it back. I am willing to lose if i place a bet, only if the other person gets it. It's stupid when a whole lot of TC flow into a bottomless void.
Bringer of Hell
Yes to help "stabilize" the economy, Sinking should be a natural thing- not a constant problem- but something that happens to those who bet high every now and again. I have never experienced the troubles of Sinking tc because I was smart enough to not bet ridiculously high in a server that hasn't mantained that many high bets. But I have seen it happen and do you know who it happens to most of the time: that one person who has hundreds and millions to throw away b3cause they can just buy tc. Since they buy tc and lose/spread it everyone is happy. There is no reason to have to cancel bets because your scared of losing every dime you have. My solution (which has most likely been said befores) is:

That the first bet sets the bar for the rest.

When you are the first bet and for example you bet 5k. kthe min bet allowed rises to 5k and all after bets must be at or over whatever the first bets amount was: 5k anything after is free game. Meaning a bet like 5kv100k is possible. And to help with no counter situations the game will auto cancel IF there are NO other bets besides the first one put in when the set betframes arrives.

This is the only solution I see that solves all the problems at once. This means that if you want to bet low you have to do it quickly in order to set the bar for the other bets. This guarantees counters of the same amount of higher and eliminates human error and mistakes by having the game know when to cancel. Its either this or stay the way we are now.
Last edited by Fates; Jul 3, 2015 at 07:34 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
just keep the rule as it is right now. on the rare occasions when a host really really wants to override the rule and cancel bets when the bets are within the set ratio, they could just do it and take the ban. that might seem a little harsh, but really, a few days off from an online game never hurt anyone; especially when it was "for the greater good."

all that shit about the pros and cons of sinking tc and inflation and "da economeh" seems to be blown out of proportion, too. when tc is sunk, it just reenters back into the game as soon as it went for small time operations like betting servers. in the average room, people aren't betting hundreds of thousands of tc per match. usually the sum of tc bet per player is 40k each, tops. sinking 10k or 20k at a time doesn't do anything. you could even bet a million tc and lose 80%, and nothing would change (except you've just made the house and match winner very happy)

i think what it all comes down to is what a bunch of people have already said: betting is a risk. if you can't handle potentially losing a lot of tc, find a new niche.
Your pal,
crith