Ranking
Original Post
More than one 3D item
So I recently looked at the item forgers news and I thought it would be pretty chill if someone could activate more than one 3D item and wear it at a time.

Others have recommended it as well but I'm the one that's putting it here unless others have already (I don't pay attention).

Example: Someone could wear Shutter shades while wearing Headphones or the new Gentleman's Mustache at the same time.

Maybe there could be an option that could be unlocked by purchasing toriprime or a feature like that.

It would cause a larger demand for 3D items, that they can buy with cash in the shop already. So bank for humpu and multiple 3D items for toribashians. It's a win win.

P.s. Here's some concept art

Kawaii

Concept art by Glimpsed

$hutter $wag

Last edited by Bercat; Aug 23, 2015 at 07:03 AM.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Yeah that idea is pretty cool , but there should be a cap of attached items like your concept art , a max of 2 "3D Items" attached to the same part of the body , otherwise people would spam the head like "Jack -o- Lantern + Witch Hat + New ugly Mustache + red submarine , etc ,etc ,etc..."
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 9, 2015 at 08:51 AM.
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
took a little peek into item.dat.

how 3d items attach to bodyparts work the same as hairs. they use one joint slot out of 20. if you activate a 3d head item, it would change some values for the head slot (i'm not sure what exactly they do). if you activate another 3d head item, it would change the same values, thus overwriting them and causing bugs. because of this "system," multiple 3d items won't work.

of course hampa could change how this works but it might take a lot of time.
Originally Posted by sSLight View Post

how 3d items attach to bodyparts work the same as hairs. they use one joint slot out of 20. if you activate a 3d head item, it would change some values for the head slot (i'm not sure what exactly they do). if you activate another 3d head item, it would change the same values, thus overwriting them and causing bugs. because of this "system," multiple 3d items won't work.

of course hampa could change how this works but it might take a lot of time.

I'm sure it'll be worth it once the cash train rolls up.
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
I'm sure it'll be worth it once the cash train rolls up.

what cash train
market exists
adding a toriprime requirement is a sort-of paywall in the non-obstructing way but whatever
Originally Posted by Rhaemond View Post
Yes please make this the thing, I like wearing a lot of shit, also with hairs pls, I want a jiyu + spikey combo

There's a glitch for it, but it's hard explaining it over and over again to the people who ask.

I also support Rhae's idea for the hairs. It would make it a bit easier to just be allowed to have the hairs then having to learn glitches to get around the 1 hair limit
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 9, 2015 at 08:51 AM.

the values in the head slot in the item.dat is
  1. Toggle object on/off
  2. <unknown>
  3. Color ID: REFER toribash.com/colors.txt
  4. Alpha: 255 = fully opaque, 0 = fully transparent
  5. Use texture overlay: body part texture is MULTIPLIED over the object color. If colorID is 0 or 1 or pure, the texture color is used as is
  6. ?Dynamic <unknown> currently shrinks/flattens object
  7. Replace body part with object: 0 = body part is visible with object, 1 = bodypart is replaced with object
  8. Ghost: 0 = object doesn't appear in ghost, 1 = object appears in ghost

I'm pretty sure the reason why you can't have multiple 3d items is that there can only be one head.obj which is connected to the item.dat at the time, and therefore only 1 object is parented to the head of the tori. To fix this you would have to be able to parent multiple objects to the head. One with head.obj and one with head2.obj etc.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
the values in the head slot in the item.dat is
  1. Toggle object on/off
  2. <unknown>
  3. Color ID: REFER toribash.com/colors.txt
  4. Alpha: 255 = fully opaque, 0 = fully transparent
  5. Use texture overlay: body part texture is MULTIPLIED over the object color. If colorID is 0 or 1 or pure, the texture color is used as is
  6. ?Dynamic <unknown> currently shrinks/flattens object
  7. Replace body part with object: 0 = body part is visible with object, 1 = bodypart is replaced with object
  8. Ghost: 0 = object doesn't appear in ghost, 1 = object appears in ghost

I'm pretty sure the reason why you can't have multiple 3d items is that there can only be one head.obj which is connected to the item.dat at the time, and therefore only 1 object is parented to the head of the tori. To fix this you would have to be able to parent multiple objects to the head. One with head.obj and one with head2.obj etc.

Sounds..

Actually really easy imo. I mean, I know absolutley nothing about coding or anything of course. Hell I don't even think coding is the right word, but it does look rather easy.
Last edited by Jaxon; Jul 9, 2015 at 02:01 AM.
what cash train
market exists

And when they run out of a certain 3D object on the market because no one selling them? Then what? Bank train is in the station.
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
And when they run out of a certain 3D object on the market because no one selling them? Then what? Bank train is in the station.

You forget that hardly anyone spends USD on this game, and the users that do spend their USD on the market, rather than the shop. The chances of a noob coming to the game and buying a shit ton of TC and items out of the shop are insanely slim.

The only person I can think of who has spent quite a bit on this game is MrPredator, and I'm pretty sure the only thing he bought from the shop was QI.

Some of the 3D items are even available for TC.

Why buy a Gentleman's Mustache for 7 dollars when you can just buy TC from another user for 3 dollars and buy it with TC.

Yeah, yeah I'm a hipocrit but you should take these points into consideration. So far the only thing I can see that will benefit the people making this a thing is the 'cash train.'