Toribash
Original Post
A few ideas ...
Hey !

So I have some ideas to suggest.

1: multiplayers fights:
a room that allows 2v2 or a 3v3 or a free for all fights. It can be very popular and a fresh thing to do...
2: bot rooms:
people around the world arent in the same time zones so the servers sometimes arent full and there arent anyone to play with. a bot room can make bots to white belt to master belt that people can fight them and earn tc without waiting for other people to join.

more ideas will come in the future
Ok, about the first idea. People already suggest this so many times before and their answer are all the same. About the second one, err why don't you just fight against uke in "fight school". Beside people can farm tc or qi if this bot exist. So no point on making a bot.
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Ok, about the first idea. People already suggest this so many times before and their answer are all the same. About the second one, err why don't you just fight against uke in "fight school". Beside people can farm tc or qi if this bot exist. So no point on making a bot.

oh.. so what was the answer to the first idea? if so many people wanted it why it doesnt exist?
Originally Posted by Gynx
Hi guys, I'm here to put this thread to bed. As 'the guy' who officially monitors suggestions and then pushes them to the devs for new builds, you can consider this the absolute final answer to the topic at hand.

Short version: For all intents and purposes, this will never be a feature that makes it into Toribash as we know it.

Long version: It has been tried and tested (some of you may see screenshots and the like of that time) and playtesting ruled that 2v2 was a) not very fun and b) made physics wonky, namely things were a lot slower than they were supposed to be. It would currently be a lot easier to create a new engine that supports 32 vs. 32 players than to force 2 vs. 2 into an engine that's ~10 years old and the product of a one man development team. It's not feasible. To reiterate: this has nothing to do with hardware, more the limitations of the game engine itself.

And so we're done. Any other suggestions that are of the nature of increasing player count should be closed & shown this post because unless we start working on Toribash 2 (full disclosure: we're not) you wont be seeing an engine overhaul any time in the near future. As long as I'm around and doing this sort of thing I'll be the first to let you know, though.

This.
And I'm sorry to say that not matches are probably never going to happen, since there is no adaptive ai in this game at all.
I think I might be retired.