Toribash
Original Post
[Gαmô] osu!

Our clan mostly started off with OSU! at first.
This is a recollection for most of the videos shared.

osu! is a free-to-play online rhythm game https://osu.ppy.sh/
[My skin] Aesthetic.osk https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Aesthetic.osk

VIDEOS

Gameplay

Game levels are called beatmaps. In each beatmap, a song will play and different hit elements (hit circles, sliders and spinners) will appear on the play field. Players must use a pointing device to manipulate these elements in time with the playing song's rhythm in order to earn points. While the mouse is considered the most popular input device, combinations of mouse, Tablet PC, graphics tablet and keyboard can be utilised.

Objective

The main objective when playing osu! is simply for players to hit, complete, and clear enough hit circles, sliders and spinners to keep their health bar, which drains at a steady rate throughout the game, above 0 until the song is over. More experienced players will often strive for a more specific and difficult goal, like improving their high score or grade on a particular map, usually by attempting to time their hits better and avoid as many misses as possible to increase combo multipliers.

Scoring

A combo multiplier is kept throughout the song. Upon successfully following an object (hitting a hit circle, hitting a slider end or slider tick, clearing a spinner, etc.), the multiplier is increased by 1; upon a failure (missing a hit circle, missing a slider end or slider tick, not filling a spinner an adequate amount, etc.), the multiplier is reset to 0. This multiplier is then multiplied by several factors including the difficulty of the played beatmap and "mod multiplier", user-applicable multiplier resulting from activating gameplay-altering mods, which is then multiplied by the base score of the hit to get the score of the hit. To be more precise, the score formula of a hit is:

code code:
Score of a hit = Base score of a hit * (1 + combo multiplier * difficulty multiplier * mod multiplier / 25)

Beatmaps

The game uses player designed "beatmaps", which are the files containing the actual gameplay data. Created using an in-game editor, this allows the user to pick any song they like and create beats for it. Beatmaps for specific songs can then be shared through an in-game uploader directly linked to the main site. Moderators can then provide feedback for the beatmaps, usually suggesting some means of improving its quality. After the author has modified the beatmap according to the tips it received and the moderators are content with its quality, they may approve it for ranking. Statistics for each quality approved beatmap, known as "ranked" beatmaps, are maintained on the osu! website. Scores for each ranked beatmap are totaled to determine a player's ranked score, which determines a player's score ranking.

based Cookiezi

Last edited by Neru; Feb 19, 2015 at 08:45 PM.
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME
Not sure, I just wanted to make a recollection of those awesome days only.
Trocher asked me to open the thread for some reason.

You have my account already
Last edited by Neru; Jan 26, 2015 at 01:11 AM.
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME
osu is a part of suki through, it is only normal to let it open don't you think?
no u

It should always be open
"I never thought I'd test the full power of my ability on a naked girl though"
osu is a part of suki through, it is only normal to let it open don't you think?

You right :")

This was supposed to be a gallery to keep track of all the videos
I was going to make another thread but that's kinda unnecessary.

eah.....maybe sometimes we will post the replay :>

1+

It should always be open

1+
as you wish
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME