ES Recruitment Drive
Please don't close my thread about fun being allowed in off topic. Please do not discuss sexual racism in my fun allowed thread.

Please discuss fun being allowed.

Currently it appears that fun is not allowed in off topic and the people seem to agree
🫷🦚🫸
Make your own sexual racism threads you sexual racists. I'm glad you're having fun pouffy. I hope some day fun will be encouraged to thrive in this subforum
🫷🦚🫸
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Look up "sexual racism" and "objectification." If people want to talk about their struggles with sexual racism, I'm all for it. That thread was almost glorifying it by the end... I'm thankful it was closed. Granted... the offending posts could've just been deleted and a mod could've made a comment about why they were bad.

Are people obligated to like every race/ethnicity equally? I don't get how "sexual racism" is a struggle. People have preferences and that's okay too.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
numbers you'd be right in a vacuum but the problem is that it's a systemic thing. people are taught that there is a specific ideal of beauty (which rn includes light colored skin), which informs their taste as they grow into adults. the problem isnt so much that people have preferences, but that peoples' preferences are curated by media conglomerates, advertising agencies, and so on. institutional racism is tied in with this because for quite some time black people were explicitly seen to be less desirable than white people in western culture, and the effects of this are still seen in media (less representation etc). and a material effect of this is that people of color tend to have a much harder time finding someone to accept them as they are. I'd wager that if cultural standards of beauty for women in the western world were overhauled, people would grow to not have these preferences so much in the first place.

of course, i don't like to jump into identity politics and argue any sort of reformist perspective of the media industry (i think it should be replaced entirely with something else), but this is generally what I believe to be the argument for the legitimacy of sexual racism's existence

anyway sorry i know this is offtopic.
Last edited by SlyBash; Aug 21, 2020 at 12:25 AM.
Originally Posted by SlyBash
numbers you'd be right in a vacuum but the problem is that it's a systemic thing. people are taught that there is a specific ideal of beauty (which rn includes light colored skin), which informs their taste as they grow into adults. the problem isnt so much that people have preferences, but that peoples' preferences are curated by media conglomerates, advertising agencies, and so on. institutional racism is tied in with this because for quite some time black people were explicitly seen to be less desirable than white people in western culture, and the effects of this are still seen in media (less representation etc). and a material effect of this is that people of color tend to have a much harder time finding someone to accept them as they are. I'd wager that if cultural standards of beauty for women in the western world were overhauled, people would grow to not have these preferences so much in the first place.

So, to sum things up, because of the media, melon wants to fuck asians badly and that makes him a sexual racist.

Sounds to me like there's some kind of kink-shaming sex-negativity going on here, and that disgusts me.
might wanna make another thread specifically for sexual racism. this thread is about fun in off-topic.

i was surprised to see the confessions thread closed and then i had a look at the content. melon made a post but apparently a lot of people liked it. i don't think arctic's re-rail attempt would have worked, but that there would be more posts like that one. needless to say i don't think posts like that one should go anywhere on this forum. not even our beloved wibbles.

as for the easing of rules, i don't see how it would be different from wibbles. staff don't want that.
-----
ok we definitely need a sexual racism thread

will make one when i wake up with posts from this thread quoted if no one else does
Last edited by fudgiebalz; Aug 21, 2020 at 03:01 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
alright guy
Look up "sexual racism" and "objectification." If people want to talk about their struggles with sexual racism,

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Are people obligated to like every race/ethnicity equally? I don't get how "sexual racism" is a struggle. People have preferences and that's okay too.

I personally like natural born girls

-is this sexual racism?
Last edited by Karstnator; Aug 21, 2020 at 06:39 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Look up "sexual racism" and "objectification." If people want to talk about their struggles with sexual racism, I'm all for it. That thread was almost glorifying it by the end... I'm thankful it was closed. Granted... the offending posts could've just been deleted and a mod could've made a comment about why they were bad.

How would you propose this happen? I was going to post on that thread about how harmful sexual racism is and you know a bunch of following replies would've been shitty as all hell.

What does pure and pristine mean to you? What is banter? If blatant sexual racism and objectification is just "fun banter" to you, I question your knowledge on the subject.

dude just stfu pls and ty

OT is run by facists, ive asked the same question as OP so many times its not even funny

the mods are *** and should **** a ****
greasy lil ******* that get off on overusing power, killing the active community

*** maya u *** cishet

-----
lil ******* tryna bring cancel culture into a tightnit community *********************
Last edited by RAAAGE; Aug 21, 2020 at 09:27 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
So, to sum things up, because of the media, melon wants to fuck asians badly and that makes him a sexual racist.

Sounds to me like there's some kind of kink-shaming sex-negativity going on here, and that disgusts me.

way to read my post in bad faith, man.
and, i mean, yeah, you probly shouldnt fetishize asian people to the point of calling it a "kink", that's just dehumanizing