Toribash
Original Post
Guru Profiles
As seen in many posts now people have been wanting something gallery/title related for Guru. Well I had given it some thought and came up with this (as seen in the "Guru titles?" post):
-----------------------------------------------------------------

{name}

{Guru of _______, exemplifying _______________________}

{short profile}
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my example :

Lancer_c

Guru of Chivalry, exemplifying mastery of the way of the knight.

A modest fighter versed in combat as well as valor. He prides himself in defense over offence. This is demonstrated both on the battle field as well as an application to every day situations; He will not seek out conflict but is quick to silence it should it come up.
At times he is stubborn due to being well grounded in his beliefs, but this is to be expected from a knight who is a master of the code.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to do something somewhat original and still fit the "feel" of the clan, and this seems to fit the bill.

So if you guys want to do this fill in the blanks and write the profile and PM me (write the profile in 3rd person). When they start to come in (if the idea is well recived) I will make a sticky and list them all.

Feel free to voice your opinion on it if you like; I like it, I hate it, it sucks, ... ect.

(Edit)
B-rad's profile is a good example of the kind of writing style the profile should be in (its similar to the one I used), poetic and guru like. If you want me to I can edit the profile you give me and put it in that style (I will keep it as close to the original as I can), but its not a requirement and I will not edit it if you do not want me to.

I edited Nmilkosky eariler as a test subject and I was pleased with the result. Nmilkosky was kind enough to allow me to use him as an example to show what an edit will look like if you want one.
__________________________________________________ __________________
(unedited, original ver.)
Nmilkosky

Guru of Balance, exemplifying skill in many areas.

A fighter that knows when and how to defend or attack. Nmilkosky is very stubborn in certain situations, and has good sportsmanship. Is also a bit unpredictable, generous, and likes to help. Would prefer a longer fight than a short, opening move-based fight. Nmilkosky would rather have shorter distance battles than longer distance battles.

(edited ver.)

Nmilkosky

Guru of Balance, exemplifying skill in a wide variety of areas.

A fighter that knows the key elements of both offence and defense. He uses this knowledge to be well prepared regardless of the situation. Occasionally he is a tad stubborn but at the same time he is a good sport when it comes to a loss. In addition he is also a bit unpredictable due to his broadened fighting knowledge and the various moves that stem from it. Although he has knowledge of all fighting styles, he still prefers long close combat battles.
Outside of the battlefield he is a generous person and enjoys helping others.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Again I will not edit it if you do not want me to, regardless of how its written, but I will be happy to edit it if you allow me.

Re: Guru Proflies
B-rad

The Great Mind Guru, exemplifying all knowledge

The leader of [Guru]. He encounters opponents mostly in the Judo DM arenas, but goes everywhere else once in awhile. Although he may not appear as often as his fellow Gurus, he is constantly making examples of his own work alone. He has yet to reach half as many encounters as some of his fellow Gurus, but is dangerous nonetheless
All knowing
Re: Guru Proflies
Spaztic One

Guru of Insanity, exemplifying unorthodox maneuvers.

Known as Spaz to some, he demonstrates catastrophic techniques upon anyone he can, when ever he can. He gets so "into" the fight that he has completely lost his mind at this point. He will do anything to win, regardless of the consequences. He has been known to utterly destroy people whilst preforming his suicidal dance, and often brings himself within mere inches of death, just to come back and win. Spaz enjoys close calls with disqualifications, flying limbs, break dancing (both solo and with a partner), long walks on the beach, Piña Coladas, and dancing in the rain.

Hows that? Any suggestions? (I think I actually want it changed a bit, but I am not sure how at the moment...)
Be careful...
...we're watching.
[Guru]
Re: Guru Profiles
Originally Posted by Spaztic_One
Spaztic One

Known as Spaz to some, he demonstrates catastrophic techniques upon anyone he can, when ever he can. He gets so "into" the fight that he has completely lost his mind at this point. He will do anything to win, regardless of the consequences. He has been known to utterly destroy people whilst preforming his suicidal dance, and often brings himself within mere inches of death, just to come back and win. Spaz enjoys close calls with disqualifications, flying limbs, break dancing (both solo and with a partner), long walks on the beach, Piña Coladas, and dancing in the rain.

Hows that? Any suggestions? (I think I actually want it changed a bit, but I am not sure how at the moment...)

Actualy that was pretty good.

How bout this as far as editing goes if you want to change it:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Known as Spaz to some, he demonstrates catastrophic techniques upon anyone he can and whenever he can. He will often get so into a battle he will step outside the void of reason and step into an inner realm of… insanity. At this point he will do anything to win, regardless of the consequences. He has been known to utterly destroy people whilst performing his suicidal dance, and often brings himself within mere inches of a gruesome death, just to come back and win. Spaz enjoys close calls with disqualifications, flying limbs, break dancing (both solo and with a partner), long walks on the beach, Piña Coladas, and dancing in the rain. A true threat to any enemy (and even allies in some cases).

I tried to go with your humor as far as adding things goes at the end, the other edits were slight add-ons and rewritting a setence diffrently.
Sam1

Guru of Spinecracking, exemplifying skills at Judo and Classic.

He is brutal to enemies, but friendly to fellow Gurus. Sam loves to crack spines in Judo (his signature move is The Spinecracker), he also enjoys decapping, slamming his opponents hard to the ground, leg-cutting, nice kicks, and of course, playing with his fellow Gurus. Sam1 also likes to make awesome or funny moves in singleplayer, he especially likes kicking, being a madman, and negative engage distance. The only modes where Sam1 is not so good, are jousting and wushu. He is currently trying to train wushu.

Tell me, if you have suggestions how to make it better. ;)
~What word begins with p and ends in orn? Popcorn!~
Originally Posted by Splunker
...i cant just sit and watch the clan i made and payed for just die in my face it hurts...

Originally Posted by Sam1
Sam1

Guru of Spinecracking, exemplifying skills at Judo and Classic.

He is brutal to enemies, but friendly to fellow Gurus. Sam loves to crack spines in Judo (his signature move is The Spinecracker), he also enjoys decapping, slamming his opponet hard to the ground, leg-cutting, nice kicks, and of course, playing with his fellow Gurus. Sam1 also likes to make awesome or funny moves in singleplayer, he especially likes kicking, being a madman, and negative engage distance. The only modes where Sam1 is not so good, are jousting and wushu. He is currently trieing to train wushu.

Tell me, if you have suggestions how to make it better. ;)

This is what i came up with for an edit if you would like one:

Guru of Spinecracking, exemplifying mastery over lethal close combat meauvers.

A brutal and merciless warrior to his enemies yet friendly and helpful to his allies. Sam loves to break the spines of his opponents, with his devastating signature move.. The Spinecracker. Paired with this joy are equally disturbing desires to remove the head of his challenger and sever his legs. Even with these somewhat gruesome desires he still enjoys helping and aiding his fellow Gurus in anyway he can. Often he trains alone perfecting his kicks and creating odd and yet humorous (to himself at least) lethal fighting moves. Also when training alone he will fall into a trance and enter a berserk-like state in order to train to his fullest with a disregard to pain (he would appear to be a "madman" if you were to see him training). Additionally, through his rigorous training methods he also has developed a heightened sense to feel the presence of those around him. This enables him to actualy battle his opponent without even facing the opponent’s direction. However due to his prime focus in close combat he is lacking skills in more distant fighting situations, though he is seeking to improve himself.
__________________________________________________ _________________
The second to last line was the "negitive engage distance" part, i never played in it but i assume you and your oppenent face diffrent directions?
Thanks lancer! That's a lot better.

Oh yeah, having negative engage distance (-200 for example) is extremely fun in sp.
~What word begins with p and ends in orn? Popcorn!~
Originally Posted by Splunker
...i cant just sit and watch the clan i made and payed for just die in my face it hurts...

I edited Sam1's original title, but just for spelling
All knowing
I have put up a sticky displaying the profiles I have already recived (except for spaz's because I am waiting to see if he wants the edit I made or not). The profile order will be in the same order the member list is (the order is made by when the member joined Guru from earlist to latest). PM me one or place it in this topic and I will get it on the sticky.
Yes, I like the edit you did. Thanks much.
Be careful...
...we're watching.
[Guru]