Toribash
Original Post
Rap/Hip-hop music
I can't stand Rap, it's obnoxious noise. You can ask anyone in a band, who plays an instrument, or anyone with musical talent and they'll tell you that rap is not music. It involves no talent at all, you don't even need to sing, just talk into a microphone and sometimes even distort your voice. The "beats" they loop over and over can be made with a drum machine in 30 seconds, and occasionally add a snare flare. I will admit some of the old "classical rap" is ok, but still not good compared to real music.
I have no idea why so many kids like it, I suppose it's because so many teens are ego-induced stripling's. The only reason I can think of is because
of the "beat" that makes them feel "gangster."

Post what you think on the subject.
Last edited by Spencer135; Oct 1, 2007 at 10:46 PM.
> implying I have a signature
Your thoughts are my thoughts. Rap is essentially just talking to a beat.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
that's how i feal about, there are only...maybe..2 rap songs i like
If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving isn’t for you. --- Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't. --- Some people are like slinkys... They aren't good for anything, but they're still fun to watch fall down the stairs --- Bomb Squad: If you see us running, try to keep up
I like rap a little but I agree with you with the beat going over and over again
Proud leader of [TANG]
Old Schooler
I like only 2 or three songs, they are oldschool rap. And if theres one song i can't stand is party like a rockstar. they just say party like a rockstar for like, the whole song. I despise it.
I partially agree with this. I dislike the majority of rap, but there has to be a proportion (i dont know how big) of rappars that are musicallt talented.

I Do generally hate rap.

I also dislike very heavy metal/gothic music, i dont know why people find that sort of stuff interesting. Whats good about a man who breathes in whilst singing instead of breathing out. If you ask me, that man is just a tosser.
PARANDROID
There is only one song of rap-ish nature I like, "Flute Loop" by the beastie boys.
I just appreciate the dichotomy of classical music overlayed with "gangsta rap."
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
I like only 2 or three songs, they are oldschool rap. And if theres one song i can't stand is party like a rockstar. they just say party like a rockstar for like, the whole song. I despise it.

i despise it too for the same reason

not really into rap much, into some rock and some metal there plus if theres any good techno but i doubt that
I like a little rap cuz it sounded good coming system (that is when I had my car :/) But then again, so did all the techno I also played.