ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[VID] Twixtor Try, First Time

CnC Would be greatly appriceated! ^^
WHO SAID I WAS HUMAN? I'LL KICK THEIR ASS!
Not too much of a fan of "how do you like my random test" vids.
you figured out how twixtor works
well done i guess? you deserve a pat on the back? have a cookie? omg you're amazing?
what were you expecting? really?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
@BenDover Not to be rude or anything, but I'm pretty sure he's asking if there's something with the video that he should fix, or what effects would go well with videos n' such. You know. Helping him out.

Well, test looked okay. I looked closely and saw that some of the parts of the slomo were lagging and a bit choppy. It's only a little though. You'd have to look deeply at it to see the choppyness. I'm pretty sure those are just the parts you used "fade to next slide" or something like that. Or maybe it really is just choppy.

For some of your videos, use only a little slomo. A cool thing would be blood splatter on the screen. Or add some humor and have some funny trollfaces pop up and stuff. Keep practicing and eventually you'll have your own cool little style.

As stated before, test looked good. Fix the slomo. Glad you used our in the vid (;]). Keep up the good work n' stuff. 9/10.
beware
the goblin
Dear Toribash video making community.
STOP
USING
TWIXTOR
FOR
SLOW-MOTION

Can you see those frame morphs in the video? That's what twixtor does, it creates fake frames made up from a blend/morph of the previous and next frame, and inserts that fake frame between the two frames, creating the illusion of smoother footage and higher fps(a good example of this would be 0:15-0:19). These fake frames look very ugly. You see, now this is a brilliant program, and does its job very well, but the problem lies with the user who doesn't know how it works, what it does or how to use it. Twixtor was not designed to and it doesn't give you smoother slow motion. Twixtor's purpose is to increase your videos fps so it looks smoother, so when it's played at full speed with about 27/30 or 60 fps, you can't see the fake frames. But once you start slowing it down, the fake frames get noticeable. And like I have mentioned before, they do not look good. As a matter of fact they look really disgusting.
You can still use Twixtor for slow motion though, there are other ways that make the fake frames less noticeable. For an example you could(and should) apply Twixtor on the slowed down part separately from the rest of your footage, instead of applying Twixtor to the whole thing and then slowing it down. Or just edit the slowed down footage to include less frames than the rest of the footage.
I was originally going to create a video explaining the whole thing, but I just can not be fucked going through that process for this community.
So please, I beg of you, stop. Just stop.
Thank you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Only Problem Is
The Replay was terrible.
The Twixtor Was Smooth.
Other Than That.
What is there to comment on?
Thanks guys and Osta, Oracul uses twixtor and i use it much as well just not on Ae, Maybe i wont use Ae's Twixtor.
-----
@Taxxen, Thank you for the advice on the TWIXTOR, The replay didnt matter to me.
Last edited by Felepeno; Feb 28, 2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
WHO SAID I WAS HUMAN? I'LL KICK THEIR ASS!
Originally Posted by Ostakex View Post
Dear Toribash video making community.
STOP
USING
TWIXTOR
FOR
SLOW-MOTION

Can you see those frame morphs in the video? That's what twixtor does, it creates fake frames made up from a blend/morph of the previous and next frame, and inserts that fake frame between the two frames, creating the illusion of smoother footage and higher fps(a good example of this would be 0:15-0:19). These fake frames look very ugly. You see, now this is a brilliant program, and does its job very well, but the problem lies with the user who doesn't know how it works, what it does or how to use it. Twixtor was not designed to and it doesn't give you smoother slow motion. Twixtor's purpose is to increase your videos fps so it looks smoother, so when it's played at full speed with about 27/30 or 60 fps, you can't see the fake frames. But once you start slowing it down, the fake frames get noticeable. And like I have mentioned before, they do not look good. As a matter of fact they look really disgusting.
You can still use Twixtor for slow motion though, there are other ways that make the fake frames less noticeable. For an example you could(and should) apply Twixtor on the slowed down part separately from the rest of your footage, instead of applying Twixtor to the whole thing and then slowing it down. Or just edit the slowed down footage to include less frames than the rest of the footage.
I was originally going to create a video explaining the whole thing, but I just can not be fucked going through that process for this community.
So please, I beg of you, stop. Just stop.
Thank you.

What should we use then?
There is nothing else.
Exept making normal slow-mo but that are lagging.
And we don't want that, or do we?

The twixtor in this was pretty good.
Looked smooth.
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
What should we use then?
There is nothing else.
Exept making normal slow-mo but that are lagging.
And we don't want that, or do we?

A better computer.
Or just less twixtor, you can still use it. I even described how you should use it aswell. Or even better than that, less slow-motion.
There's also another way, which I don't think is possible in the current version of toribash but whatever. You simply record once at normal speed with normal fps, then record another set of footage at a much slower speed. Insert both into your editing program, lower the opacity on one of the clips and synchronize them together by speeding up the slowed one. When you're done syncing them together, mute the audio on the slower one and delete the normal-speed one(or lower the opacity to 0). There you have it, more fps that you can use for slow motion and smoother footage!
Sorry for semi thread hijack.
Last edited by Ostakex; Feb 29, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
um ostakex, i don't want to burst your bubble but even with 60 fps running perfectly i still have trouble with choppy slo-mo. twixtor is great for slowing down, but not as slow as Felepeno is doing it.
pennis and also dicke and balls