ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Suggestiona to stop the spam
My idea for stopping the spam is to apply the belt restriction for posting to all areas of the forum, when someone below the restriction needs support needs help they can pm a gm or mod for it, or someone good in the area of game they need help with
I think we should make a special thread for this, so all these type of suggestions are in one single place. I say Unsupported. A white belt wants to ask for some tips and tricks, whem he finds out that he cannot post, due to the restriction.
what if the new player is a new player of the forums? I mean, he does not know how to pm or to look for admins
Last edited by ESoldier25; Mar 31, 2015 at 11:23 AM.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
My idea for stopping the spam is to apply the belt restriction for posting to all areas of the forum, when someone below the restriction needs support needs help they can pm a gm or mod for it, or someone good in the area of game they need help with

Bad idea, it is not expected of GMs or mods to know how to troubleshoot problems with launching toribash / connecting to multiplayer, and basically only those people are 0-qi posters who need help. That's why support and beginner sanctuary are the only boards without the qi requirement, it's easier to manage spam when it's concentrated in two boards + we can't disallow people with 0 qi to post in them because that would basically deny their purpose.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Originally Posted by JtanK View Post
Bad idea, it is not expected of GMs or mods to know how to troubleshoot problems with launching toribash / connecting to multiplayer, and basically only those people are 0-qi posters who need help. That's why support and beginner sanctuary are the only boards without the qi requirement, it's easier to manage spam when it's concentrated in two boards + we can't disallow people with 0 qi to post in them because that would basically deny their purpose.

What if they were redirected to #support when they clicked new thread in support,

This would concentrate all the spam into one thread for a start
They just need to integrate steam into the trading system and every scamming problem is done.

If you lose your money from the steam trading system, its your own fault.
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
They just need to integrate steam into the trading system and every scamming problem is done.

If you lose your money from the steam trading system, its your own fault.

This thread is spamming not scamming ;)
Why don't we just add a captcha if you have 0 games played? Won't get in players faces and won't be too intimidating for newbies.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Why don't we just add a captcha if you have 0 games played? Won't get in players faces and won't be too intimidating for newbies.

This would be an issue for players who have their problem before they play their first game
How? Will the very sight of an automated captcha scare away players with game issues? I fail to see your logic.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore