Toribash
Original Post
XBOX 360 Internet Browser
Hey.
I have been trying to get an Internet Browser on my 360 since I bought it, and I have found a way. The only problem is, when I try to do it, it comes up with an error saying that it can't be done. I have had problems with my vista before, but nothing I couldn't fix.

Anyway, if you go onto the Xbox site, it says you need to use Windows Media Centre and add the Xbox as an extender. Check.
So, I connected my Xbox to my modem, and disconnected my computer from it.
Then you have to get the code from the Xbox and put it into the two little boxes in Windows Media Centre. Check.
BUT, the Xbox website just says:
Complete the Extender setup.

That's when I run into trouble.
I get one step further, the Media Centre minimises, and I am asked if I want to perform this action. (Vista Administrator "Are you sure" Thing.)
Hit yes, it comes back up, the screen flashes a list of options for less than a second, and then it says that it can't complete it.

How do I finish it? What have I done wrong?
(for anyone that has performed this little thing or for anyone who wants to give a hand.)
"Sex is like a velociraptor: Despite your movie-fueled lifelong neurotic obsession, it is unlikely to be found in your house." ~XKCD
No, I don't have enough ports. XD
I'm guessing that is the problem?
I only have a little D-Link DSL-502T.
"Sex is like a velociraptor: Despite your movie-fueled lifelong neurotic obsession, it is unlikely to be found in your house." ~XKCD
Well, you can't connect your PC to your Xbox without a router,

They need to be in the same network.
Proud leader of [TANG]
Old Schooler
So, what you are saying is, that I need a router with more ports, so that my computer and xbox can have internet at the same time?
Can you give me a suggestion on one that you think would be good for me?
Belkin routers are he best imo.

They're excellent for gaming.
They're fast as hell too.

Get a good one for about 70 bucks.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Originally Posted by fistfury View Post
Belkin routers are he best imo.

They're excellent for gaming.
They're fast as hell too.

Get a good one for about 70 bucks.

I also recommend this, I have one and have had no problems for the past two years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame
Ohk.
So, wired or wireless? I have heard that wireless slows down the speed of your internet connection.
I would go with wired, it's alot fast but if you hate cables I'd go with wireless
Proud leader of [TANG]
Old Schooler