ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
should i get ps3 or xbox360?
This is not a vs. thread but if it is somehow a vs. thread i am sowwy

I'm thinking should i get a ps3 or an xbox. I played the xbox with my cousin but the controller took a little while to get used to.Also when i wanted to go online on gta 4 my cousin said you gotta pay to go online for every game on the xbox.

I played the ps3 with my cousin and i liked it. I like the controller and the games but it doesn't have gow3 and other games that i like for xbox.

Can you tell me anything else there is about it or if there is anything that messes up game experience

Again,if this is a vs. thread to any admin i am sorry
Buy whatever you can afford.
And don't listen to fanboys.

Also note that if you plan to play online, you have to pay on Xbox360 but not on PS3. That's probably the biggest difference between them.
Xbox. Its a nice sturdy console. And the newest version doesn't RRoD I heard. I'm getting one and will love to add anyone on live when i get the chance.
GTag: iNoScopedBro
If you get the later versions of the xbox, you can connect to xbox live via wi-fi, which is a heck of a lot easier than the lan cable that had to be used.

Also, kinect has to count for something
Yea depends on what you like to play, the xbox has great multiplayer games: halo, GoW, L4D and if you're into CoD it gets the map packs (a month earlier than PS3)

Ps3 has good single player games/sharing: Little big planet, Drakes Fortune, Imfamous, God of War

Online Play: yea you have to pay for xbox live but it has good support, you can send voice messages, has hulu plus, netflix

I don't know much about PSN so I couldn't really help you there

It just pretty much depends on what you like

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Depends on the type of games you like.

I like fighting games like toribash.

Shooting games like black ops.

Sand box games like gta4

sports games like backbreaker. Not madden because it just the same thing with a updated roster

Racing games like nfs.
-----
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Buy whatever you can afford.
And don't listen to fanboys.

Also note that if you plan to play online, you have to pay on Xbox360 but not on PS3. That's probably the biggest difference between them.

I can't afford anythng. My parents buy my stuff
Last edited by PinkwafflesFTW; Jul 20, 2011 at 05:06 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
XBOX: 1st person shooters
PS3: Anything else

The Xbox community is pretty immature, but I went with it to play with my friends. The fee for online isn't much either, just pay once a year for $50. So basically, pick the one that your friends have, and the kind of games you like.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
XBOX: 1st person shooters
PS3: Anything else

The Xbox community is pretty immature, but I went with it to play with my friends. The fee for online isn't much either, just pay once a year for $50. So basically, pick the one that your friends have, and the kind of games you like.

this, but there is a bit more to add, XBOX and PS3 both have pretty much the same chances of breaking down (talking about both the consoles and the remotes) XBOX does feature the HALO games, but PS3 has the Ratchet and Clank games. they both are pretty much equal. personally, i say PS3 because i own one. but excluding that, go with what your friends are playing and join them. (yes i have played on both so this is coming from personal experience.)
THIS WAS ORIGINALLY THE WORST SIGNATURE EVER, FOR YOUR SAKE IT WAS FIXED. ~ Vox
Keep in mind thousands upon thousands of PS3 users' information were compromised numerous amounts of time due to them being hacked so frequently, as well as there servers were offline for months, not allowing PS3 users to play online. I'd advise you get an Xbox, for security reasons, as well as the Xbox has more games, and a larger variety.
what am i doing here