Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
[R] Paying up to 1000k (Minimum Request Suggestion)
Misleading title to illustrate a point.

So we have this rule:
Originally Posted by Market Rules View Post
D) You must pay at least the originally quoted price to the winning artist(s).

At the same time, a lot of requests are wording their reward as the title above. Meaning that the requester can effectively pay anywhere from zero to the advertised price for a request (Up to 50k implies anywhere from zero to 50k). Obviously an artist doesn't want to work for free. And price discussion is something that typically happens after a work is done (In Toribash at least). So that leaves the artist in an awkward position of having to lobby for their price after they've already put in hours of work to finish it.

So here's what I suggest to fix this problem. Either request makers are required to advertise a minimum payment (If it's different from the maximum payment) OR request makers who use the phase "Up to XX TC/USD" are required to pay at least 80% of the "Up to" price.

The first part is actually the current rule set more or less. The only real change needed is adding a clause for the use of "Up to" whatever. This is clearly a suggestion in favor of the artists working on requests. But, I think this change would make for a healthier environment overall for both the requester and the artist.

Irregardless though, the rule above is getting loophole'd pretty hard by today's request board jargon. I don't think whoever made the market rules wanted this to happen.
Last edited by GoodBox; Jun 28, 2015 at 11:39 AM.
(>^_^)>