Toribash
Original Post
2v2 | 4 player toribash | more than two players
PLay with more people, battle of teams...

Originally Posted by Pikadex
Just a quick idea that one of my friends made: simultaneous battles.
It would involve multiple small squares/circles/dojos as "mats", spread apart, where in each one, two players would go up against one another. If you are to land outside of the area you were placed in (including another mat) you would be eliminated. It could also function as a ladder; the victorious players would move on to the "next round", where it would continue up until there are two left, where they could fight to the death.

Another idea that I made, derived by the extra people battling at once, is team battles. Team battles, as you'd expect, involves 4+ players, equal amounts on each team, pitting against one another. Once all players on a single team are eliminated, or the time runs out, the team with the remaining players (or more points) would be victorious.

One final idea I have is "multi-battles". It involves 3 - 4 players, all against one another. This one could lead up to great chaos, and, other than the extra players, it would function as a normal battle. It could also be used together with the idea of simultaneous battles and/or team battles.

Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Been suggested many times, and was actually possible for a while, it however proved really buggy and slow.

Maybe eventually we'll see it but most not some time soon.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
^ That...

...or as hampa said on the live steam - it wasn't fun.

Last edited by Lazors; May 6, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
If you guys are trying to figure out how to make it relax all, how about make it so if you touch with something that would regularly DQ it would make your whole body "fracture" that way you are still in the match, but you just cant move.
-----
If this is really wanted i could try my best at doing a bit of coding to do that frac all thing (id probably need some help tho) EDIT: Yea <thats not going to happen i looked into it and it will take far more time than i had initially anticipated.
-----
ALSO AN IDEA if both members on a team get frac all'ed that team would lose (just a thought)
Last edited by KDigityDog; May 25, 2016 at 02:29 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
I forsee one badass tori beats up a bunch (3) of other players in same spar in video on youtube
Great ideas
(1st idea) hmm... did some thinking. How about a story mode/endless with alot of fighting and training u to do stuffs for the new players and new different types of moves and techniques

(2nd idea) waiting in queue can be time taking and boring. if u can make a 3 or 4 players or make waiting in queue more exciting than just watching lots of players fight cause some fights are extremely boring and it can cause people to leave because of waiting in queue (especially if Tb gets famous and there's alot of people)

hmm think that's it im done XD like the ideas that popped out this genious brain you might like them
NINJA PUNCH , NINJA KICK
NINJA DAB (>0_0)>
Originally Posted by xninja1332 View Post
(1st idea) hmm... did some thinking. How about a story mode/endless with alot of fighting and training u to do stuffs for the new players and new different types of moves and techniques

(2nd idea) waiting in queue can be time taking and boring. if u can make a 3 or 4 players or make waiting in queue more exciting than just watching lots of players fight cause some fights are extremely boring and it can cause people to leave because of waiting in queue (especially if Tb gets famous and there's alot of people)

hmm think that's it im done XD like the ideas that popped out this genious brain you might like them

These have been suggested before and pretty much turned down.

(just google these)

Examples: Story mode
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=369290

Examples: 3-4 players
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=370004

Not trying to be a backseat moderator, But basically read the rules/stickies, they have some great information for certain parts of the forums.
|Evil|
I don't exist
4 Player Toribash Games
Hey, I want to make a request.

I want people to play in 4 player games!
So, let me explain!

there is 4 players in the square competing,
the last one standing wins, Simple right?
KEEP THE 2 PLAYER VERSIONS TOO
just put like aikidobigdojo4p.tbm
mods I want 4 players in:

aikidobigdojo.tbm
judo.tbm (further distance apart, like 150 engage distance)
greykido.tbm (120 engage dis)
and other fun mods like aikidobigdojo, greykido, judo.
This has been requested so much, and the same answer keeps being said, it's basically impossible.
|Evil|
I don't exist
I really like that this keeps popping back up. It was a mod a long time ago, and with the increase in specs of the home computer this is completely feasible and possible. There is absolutely no reason a 4 player mode could not be done.

As we have seen in this past, this makes for a great sparring mod, I don't see why it wouldn't make for a good wushu mod if the players are good, and it could also make for in interesting aikdo/judo based mod. The sky is the limit.
As I play right now, toribash uses 10% of my cpu, 4gbs of ram, and barely causes my gpu any stress. This is also with all the settings turn up and on.

Maybe a few years ago this wouldn't have worked although it did for some time, but now there is a strong possibility that it could be done, and I believe this would get more people interested in the game. Now, only if there was a way to actually suggest things for this game.
A hasbeen like the rest
Well duh it's been suggested before the thread is 4 years old. Commenting on an old thread that has been left open is not a violation of rules/stickies, the moderators would close it down if they saw fit to do so. Also the thread you linked to show that the idea had been turned down is this exact thread you commented on. They were giving their input/support for the idea. And as dannyrug said it isn't impossible, technology is constantly improving.

Experience

Originally Posted by BagleCagle View Post
Well duh it's been suggested before the thread is 4 years old. Commenting on an old thread that has been left open is not a violation of rules/stickies, the moderators would close it down if they saw fit to do so. Also the thread you linked to show that the idea had been turned down is this exact thread you commented on. They were giving their input/support for the idea. And as dannyrug said it isn't impossible, technology is constantly improving.

If you are talking to me, (learn to quote) I'm not intentionally commenting on this specific thread, but the people who suggest it usually make a separate thread not knowing about this main one, so I tell them that it has been suggested multiple times and report the thread, so it can be merged to this thread.

If you aren't talking to me, what I said could still be taken into consideration.
|Evil|
I don't exist