Ranking
Original Post
Toribash Action Figures
Hey guys, was in school, and couldn't get Toribash Action Figures off my mind, I know one has been made before in around '09 but wasn't available for commercial sale or something like that..
I saw the pics of it and it did look really cool, what I was thinking, was why not bring them back? It'll increase the population of TB and it'll be really fun to play with if you're away from your computer, whether it's playing around however you want, or designing moves to try in-game, you'll always have TB with you.
I was thinking of if they get made, they can come with a special code that unlocks something on toribash, whether it's a few thousand TC or a full set of item textures, or maybe even an achievement..
Another idea relating to this, was, what if you incorporate some of the main staff members with their full texture sets for a slightly higher price?
Last edited by Butler; Aug 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
I watch someone on deviantART that makes jointed dolls which I think would be the type
of figure form that I see applicable to Toribash figures.
I'm not saying their figures look like, or are related to anything Tori/Uke shaped, but I think
that the techniques used by the artist would look good on Tori/Uke figures.
Their dA account: vonBorowsky

Also, if this were a thing, which it probably won't be, I think that there should only be
figures for the default Tori and Uke. Because I don't see a production of custom made
figures for anything less that $100.. And even that sounds extremely cheap.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Toribash Action Figures
I don't know about this, but maybe buying joints irl with real money online, and if you buy the "real" joints you can have them online too.
Modo Bestia
The only thing though, making the joints interchangeable will add a whole new level of complexity to the design of the figure, and leave a dent in terms of durability. One push too hard, or one pull too hard trying to switch them, and that's a snapped part or two.

EDIT: I've gone ahead and ordered one of the ones avwave made. It won't be hear for a number of weeks because of productions ect, but I shall post results as soon as I get them.
Last edited by Satan; Feb 17, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
Let Satan guide you
I think I'm gonna head out to the 3D print store, and print one of those out.
If these were invented it could be made into stopmotion type things. That would be pretty cool
blue
pink
~Supported to the MAX. This is a cool idea for all young and Older, it would bring in more players, in my area were i live i think theres like 2-5 people that play TB, i want it to increase more, and it would increase South Africans Rate to.
~The Age Of Gaming~
You live in South Africa? Get all them to play Toribash! I can hardly ever find somebody else who is African playing TB.

Now, for the figures, I was thinking that each figure comes with a code? So if you bought a figure you could get a free code which gives you 5000TC? I was also thinking to masks this available world wide? So I could just go to a toy store and pick it up rather than ordering and paying extra for shipment.
blue
pink
The figure avwave made was not able to be printed Becuase it was classified as too fragile.

Given the nature of 3D printing, converting digital files into physical products, every now and then we catch designs that would be too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to identify these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process.

Let Satan guide you
Yeah figured. I got the email as well. The standee figure in the "Jesus pose" works though.

I had the same problem with the other printing house I talked to. The custom joints are too thin.

There is another way and involves revoltech joints. If anyone is familiar with those, I'd like to ask some questions.
-----
model should be updated now
Last edited by avwave; Feb 18, 2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Maybe make the head removable so we can switch between different head textures? Also, with different coloured joints too please! If this happens, I would buy this, I really would.