Toribash
Original Post
Exactly 10 years ago...
Exactly 10 years ago i discovered Toribash and made this account and i am still here.

Pure madness and insanity but hey, somewhat worth it.

I will fill this thread with some anecdots and some thoughts on Toribash over the next few days for anyone that is interested and if its only for myself to have a laugh 10 years from now if this forum and game still exists in some form or another.
trying to do it somewhat chronological...

Storytime #1

I found Toribash while i was studying process engineering ten years ago.I always liked physic games and a game kinda like toribash has been on my mind for a long time.One day i googled something like "physics ragdoll games" and found toribash and made this account.
I did not have much money back then so i bought an older laptop before i started studying,this meant i had an aweful framerate in tb,especially in mods with grabs enabled since they are more taxing on your system,which lead me to play strikingmods way more then grapplingmods which lead me to play wushu most of the time.
I did not talk much or at all in this time on tb , mainly because i was already "old" at that point compared to other players and really did not care about the online banter talk and i also did not care about winning or losing and i always cringed (and still do somewhat) when someone was getting emotional about a loss in tb.I admired the good wushuplayers tho and wanted to get better in it.
At that time period(around 2009/2010)names like Logic,Odlov,Sheczudio and Snudge come to my mind,most of them became Alpha members later on.
I remember i tried to copy an opener of sheczudio at some point which was op(or maybe better said very impressive) as fuck.Did it back then but cant remember how to do it today.

Storytime #2:

I continued to hang around in wushurooms,yes plural,because back then there was a public wushu room and an ultimate wushuroom(for 3rd dan and up,which was great),for a long time(years) and made a good friend there,Pliskien/Onid2010, whom i even met in real life once since he does not live far away from me.He is inactive for many years now tho.That was also the time when fl0w was founded in 2011 after Hung imploded because of its leader back then as far as i know.

I really could not care less about clans back then and never wanted to join one,i almost never used the forum back then.fl0w is the only clan i joined in any game btw but since Toribash is almost the only onlinegame i play/played its no surprise.

Anyway,i guess it was in 2012 that Pliskien talked me into joining fl0w and after i got an official invite i accepted it and have been in the clan ever since.I ,still ,rarely used the forum back then even after joining the clan.

Notable wushuplayers at that point in time for me: Deprav,William,Imapirate,Drhax/Hxcbbqimo/Bodhisattva,killer3366,Xhiba and a lot of other people from fl0w/Relaxall/Alpha and a honorable mention to Begotten,that guy understood the tbphysics the most at that point in time from the players i knew,he kicked ass in every mod and also in singleplayer/replaymaking.

Maybe these years were really the high point of wuhsu.
Last edited by Kane; Mar 27, 2019 at 07:17 PM.
I'm enjoying these v much, bringing up some nostalgia. Keep em coming please

What were your other main mods around those times? '10-'12 ish
I guess i played wushu 80-90 % of the time at that time so i did not have any other main mods.I tried everything, ofcourse, and also played lenshu and rk which i liked but not as much as wushu because at that time i thought lenshu turnframes were too short and rk had a too small dojo for its gravity but i was wrong with both of these assumptions.
I remember i liked realtoriboxing.tbm ,didnt play it that much tho.

Storytime #3

A short time after i joined fl0w some of the og members wanted to do an event and asked the newer members for ideas.
I proposed a realism/spar challenge in wushu.The idea was to do a match with a buddy in wushu and try to be as realistic as possible.Matches would have been judged like in other sparevents.
There were 2 categories:One with normal reactiontime(20s) and one with "unlimited" rt.

Let that sink in for a second...realism/sparring in wushu with its gravity and 50 turnframes and with normal reactiontime...does that sound like a good idea?
No,lol,not even with unlimited rt, but at that time i thought it was a good idea and maybe you know that awesome feeling when you succesfully pull off something realistic in wushu and even connect well with it.
It was accepted as an event tho,idk why, maybe there were no other propositions.

To do something like this on purpose is a whole different story and i guess for 99% of players its way to hard and guess what-the event failed miserably,almost noone tried to compete in it-no surprise here,bad idea from the start.

Since this was my idea i felt a tiny,tiny bit shitty about this whole ordeal and just kept doing my own thing but this paled in comparison what happend to wushu soon after.
Last edited by Kane; Mar 29, 2019 at 05:15 PM.
Im getting pretty nostalgic While reading this!
Good job, keep it up
Can’t wait for more tales like this

Water Melon, Fire Melon, Earth Melon, Air Melon... The ELEMELONS!