Toribash
Original Post
Clan League Public Prop Set up.

the details before this big op

This colour means it's a change and it is locked in for this year, unless I get a very good reason for it.
This colour means it's a maybe, I haven't decided and would like feedback/suggestions on it.

*TITLE*

** Intro spiel **

*RULES*

Clans must list ALL participants in their roster (Changes to roster after sign up period is prohibited.)
Users found in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished and the clans involved will be disqualified (This includes multiple accounts found in one roster.).
Please note: It is your job to make sure and check with your roster in order to confirm they are not included in multiple rosters, or are included in a singular roster twice.
Failure to complete matches will result in disqualification in both clans unless proof is provided that one of the clans are making an effort to complete matches
Match scores should be clearly stated, as well as a list of participants and all replays.

*ROUNDS*

Straight KO. Randomised Seeding.

*Round Criteria*

Each clan will need at least 6 participants for this event.

This round (read as: the first round) will be best of 19. Each mod can only be played a maximum of 5 times.
Each person can only play a maximum of 4 games for their clan per match.

A randomly chosen clan will pick the first mod. After that, the clan that lost the match will pick the next mod.
Mods can not be played twice in a row.

Mod list:

boxshu_mushu_v5.tbm
aikidobigdojo.tbm
erthtkv2.tbm
lenshu3ng.tbm

*Proof of randomisation, either a video or a gif maybe. Probably done by using a spinner or maybe just an excel program with screen recording. I highly doubt I'll be doing it manually and making a video or anything.*

**Challonge Bracket **

Deadline for the group phase is ????, ??.

PRIZES

1st

Custom 3D Item
Clan Achievement Trophy
A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs)
18 Shiai Tokens
60K Clan Perk Points
500k TC

2nd

A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs, Tier VII+ Color Packs)
12 Shiai Tokens
30k Clan Perk Points
300k TC

3rd

A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs, Tier V+ Color Packs)
6 Shiai Tokens
15k Clan Perk Points
150k TC

You must have played at least ?? games in order to qualify for prizes.

We'd like to recommend that you organize your matches in the official Toribash server (link is in the Discord image) you are still welcome to use your own servers to organize matches, however.

NOTES::

THERE WILL BE DELAYS BETWEEN ROUNDS. BECAUSE BETS ARE BEING DONE BY ES.

Due to this, I won't allow early starting of matches, and depending on things, I may use an old system regarding the redraws of later rounds. But that depends on how many clans enter.
(All it really does is mean that the draw can be anyone vs anyone in any round. If you guys want an example of it being done, I'd refer you to the FA Cup in England, a football/soccer competition.)

Took out TP prize, will probably replace it with something else. Cause it's cheap now and allowing people to sell it got me some disgruntled DMs/pings from all kinds of people.

There have been changes to text that aren't coloured, but only cause they're just rephrasing, rather than actual changes to the system.

Changes :: This post had me change the boxshu mod from v5 to v3, with a reminder to make sure you guys turn off fracs manually.
Last edited by Icky; Apr 11, 2021 at 12:43 PM.
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Someone suggested making a rule regarding a minimum length of time for a user being a member of a clan before being elligable to play in CL.

Any opinions on this?

Given we don't really know when CL will be happening exactly, I don't really see a point in this rule. As long as the person is on the roster before CL starts, I honestly don't see an issue. I do feel like I'm forgetting something completely obvious that would make min length a necessity, but at the moment, I don't really see a purpose.

(im)

Someone suggested making a rule regarding a minimum length of time for a user being a member of a clan before being elligable to play in CL.

Any opinions on this?

I honestly dont see this as a problem, bc imagine if someone of the roster gets banned 1 week before CL starts, they have to make an alt, and they wouldn't can enter to the event for that rule, i see it absurd
i came with a .38 and im leaving with a body
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
I honestly dont see this as a problem, bc imagine if someone of the roster gets banned 1 week before CL starts, they have to make an alt, and they wouldn't can enter to the event for that rule, i see it absurd

well uh, don't get banned lol?

Originally Posted by Logain View Post
Given we don't really know when CL will be happening exactly, I don't really see a point in this rule. As long as the person is on the roster before CL starts, I honestly don't see an issue. I do feel like I'm forgetting something completely obvious that would make min length a necessity, but at the moment, I don't really see a purpose.

I think the concern was just users mass entering clans on the day before sign ups closed and causing potential drama with alt checks or in regards to people leaving and rejoining other clans the day before.

Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Given that challonge can handle total score, is there a reason to include the following and not just use the seed based on record to date as to who goes first?

A randomly chosen clan will pick the first mod. After that, the clan that lost the match will pick the next mod.

Given that you don't want to incentivize IDs or forfeited matches, or matches manipulated to an as even score as possible, that would be the reason, but then again, winning all your matches up to the finals and then having bad luck losing to the randomizer in a close match would leave a feel bad, why not have the highest win rate to date choose first?

Because the seedings are randomized. Bringing in other factors to decide matchups would (in my view) go against the request of people wanting randomness to be a factor.
Besides, Since the seedings are randomized as well all I'm going to do is just flip a coin to see who starts off the matches.

Also, "winning all your matches up to the finals and then having bad luck losing to the randomizer in a close match" is a weird point to try make. If you lose 15-14, and you only blame the first randomized match, then that's a weird stance to take considering the rest of the matches that get played.

Secondly, it's just whoever picks the first mod.... If they pick a mod they have an extreme advantage in, then there's very little difference in them picking it for the first match, or the second match. The advantage doesn't change.

You'll have to explain your stance a bit more, I can't see what your gripe is exactly.

Also, I've got art now, so I'll make the real thing soon.
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post

You see it absurd cause yall pulled felnin only for this event and felnin has high ban probability. ;p
Originally Posted by Hoax View Post
You see it absurd cause yall pulled felnin only for this event and felnin has high ban probability. ;p

imagine if Swaves wasnt in bos, just imagine xd
i came with a .38 and im leaving with a body
guys go trashtalk in that cl memes offtopic thread rather than here pls.

Before I lock everything in, is there anything else people want me to explain/change?
Originally Posted by BOOST View Post
are you afraid of that tho, like if obey doesnt has alts

No one is afraid, cause we don't get banned over here. Yall worried cause your two best players get banned every other day.

Rip sorry just saw the last post.
guys go trashtalk in that cl memes offtopic thread rather than here pls.

Before I lock everything in, is there anything else people want me to explain/change?

Nah it all seems good.

In regards to the thing about alts though and "multiple accounts being within a clan". I imagine that if a clan has a banned member, but they re-joined through an alt. It is the clans responsibility to kick the banned acc? Just to clarify.
Ily <3
No requirement to kick a banned alt. Just don't have them (the banned one) on the entry list that gets submitted for sign ups.