ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Muting system?
So I have seen many ragers over they months,but sometimes it gets out of hand so Im trying to bring a cool idea that I got from a game,they used to mute people if they had 3-5 reports in a month for a designated time.
depending on What Was said.They Would not be able to pm or post threads or have any sort of communication With others basically.they are basically Isolated to think about What he/she said.To prevent alts to speak they Would mute the Ip,so im not sure if that they can do that,but if they can it Would make it harder for them to have communication they would have to change ips
Which im not sure how it Works xD,but it makes it harder for them to speak.
So tell me What you guys think.
Last edited by frandavi; Nov 29, 2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Title change.
I said CROOK UP
I'm half for this. Yes they can be muted for a certain amount of time, but they would still rage via leaving during a match because they are about to lose. A ip ban would be great to get rid of people like this, that way you can get rid of the possibility they would use a alt.
I would not like a mute system because you can evade it using /sh,/em, while in-game/playing.
"The moment you fall is the moment I rise"~Mondaiji
Still would not stop Ragers, They could leave during a tourney/match to express there rage leaving there opponent without the Tc they would have earned.
Originally Posted by mondaiji View Post
A ip ban would be great to get rid of people like this, that way you can get rid of the possibility they would use a alt.

They can just make a proxy and get around an IP ban, but I like the muting idea as its really flaming that gets more annoying that quitting for me (and spam).
ragers can rage as long they finish the battle at if that happens
report them to a mod.
I said CROOK UP
i mean, you're basically asking to be able to get people banned but with regular users deciding who should be banned, and that could be easily abused p bad idea imo
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
They can just make a proxy and get around an IP ban, but I like the muting idea as its really flaming that gets more annoying that quitting for me (and spam).

Small, How about this then:
1st: They flame/spam the server, a mute happens and a warning is given by the server.
2nd: They become unmuted, they continue to spam/flame, a kick happens with a extra warning given by the server.
3rd: They come back and start up again, the server places a temporary IP ban on them for like 3 hrs.
maybe in another version of Toribash, a file gets edited by the server in the Toribash folder of the user so that it wont let them in that one server even if they try to bypass it by making another proxy.
Seems like a interesting idea that could be further explained so go into further explanation.
How would you avoid people exploiting because since they know they will be kicked from a server for flaming /spamming in a tourney so then no one gets Tc,and everyone rages and complains the best thing to do would to mute them immediately so they dont say anything and they dont get kicked from a server and cant use the system to support themselves.
I said CROOK UP