Toribash Texture Program
REASON...
So the internet is risky,and we take many risks to get what we want,
but sometimes those risks can cause us some problems.I remember when
I was staring out textures were confusing and I could not believe they wanted
us to download some program from the "INTERNET",even-though I and many
others did it does not mean it is entirely safe.If Toribash made its very own
Art program specifically for Textures like Mudbox.I am sure many more
will download it and we could have a new variety of artists.

PURPOSE...
To increase Toribash's uses,help those who need help,and bring a new style of art to Toribash.

PROS...

[1].This could help with finding new artists.

[2].Many will take interest in the program then the game or forum.

[3].Can bring in actual artists into toribash to experiment.

[4].Would bring new and creative textures.

[5].Would help many to be more effective in art.

CONS...

[1].Would take to long to create.

[2].Would decrease art worth.

PATCHES...

*WILL TRY TO FIX SOME PROBLEMS WITH THIS IDEA*
Last edited by frandavi; Mar 6, 2015 at 03:55 AM.
I said CROOK UP
who will takw the time to make a whole program just for toribash texture making? I think its a pretty fine idea but i think Photoshop and Gimp work pretty good
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
So the internet is risky,and we take many risks to get what we want

There are tons of free alternatives to photoshop, you don't need to pirate programs to get good results. Download gimp or paint.net and learn from there.
stop downloading suspect shit
Yep, the suggestion is pointless such as creating a new graphic editing programm when there are such nice progs like PS, AI, GIMP...
You can also use mudbox.
I don't understand what you mean by downloading random programs from the internet.
It's not hard to find out the safe programs and the non-safe malicious programs.
The only time you're at risk when downloading untrusted programs it's when you're trying to get them for free.

Photoshop is easy to find, GIMP is easier to find since it's one of the most searched art programs.
Like I said, most programs toribash recommends are trustworthy unless you're trying to get them for free.

TL; DR: Don't be a cheapskate and pay for the programs such as photoshop or fireworks or you can just use GIMP or program trials.

Not supported
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Okay the reason why you would want to have a Texture program is because gimp photoshop and many are not made for Toribash which can be discouraging for many.
Think of it like this....

PROGRAMS...
Gimp-Very hard for a beginner and usually is hard for a pro.
Photoshop-pretty easy,but you have to pay.
Paint tool Sai-many fakes not official.(got a virus trying to download it from some website)

REASON...
To expose more players to a safer program specifically for Toribash players.
I said CROOK UP
Safer =/= Easier.

Literally what you're describing will take possibly 3 months or longer to design whereas it can take one week for a person to learn how to use GIMP or Photoshop.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by frandavi View Post
Okay the reason why you would want to have a Texture program is because gimp photoshop and many are not made for Toribash which can be discouraging for many.
Think of it like this....

PROGRAMS...
Paint tool Sai-many fakes not official.(got a virus trying to download it from some website)

REASON...
To expose more players to a safer program specifically for Toribash players.

Ofcourse PS, gimp, AI... are not made for toribash, because who would want to create sick graphic programm "just for toribash" (while developers wouldn't even ever know what toribash is)

Btw, why can't you use listed by people progs for making textures? Do you think if someone creates a toribash's texturing programm, and then you'll be a great artist and make fantastic textures? Just because of you can't work/dont have skills/dont have a link to download PS, gimp, AI...?

because gimp photoshop and many are not made for Toribash which can be discouraging for many.

Also, how is that discouraging for people? I haven't ever heard a complaint from ppl like this. Example: if you play another game (whatever it be: Sims, Mario...) would you suggest to create its own texturing prog. (in case there's ability to put own textures on character) ?? I just dont get it. If you are god's artist, you can even draw a divine picture with standart Paint. Imagine what would you draw if you work, for example, with photoshop?

PROGRAMS...

This actually is lie

Gimp is not even hard, it just requires some learning. Also i saw beginners were making decent textures with this. The prog. is free to download.

Photoshop - Not easy but if you work with it for a long time it will become easier. "You have to pay" wtf? YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO PAY for dat, there are more than plenty of links to download it without viruses. Try downloading that version that is being recommended by other people. Torrent is welcome.

Paint SAI. - It is not such professional prog. as the PS. But with downloading issue, it is completely the same as with any other progs. Just find links, torrent, find repacks or whatever...

So the quality of your textures doesn't depend from what programm you use. It depends from your skills. And creating "the whole new programm." won't help you to be a better artist, in any way.

Viruses are everywhere, so if you want to pay attention for each of it, then you shouldn't download any prgoramm from the internet.
Last edited by BountyBlade; Mar 5, 2015 at 03:26 PM.

WTH? Gimp is relatively easy for anyone without brain disabilities. I could cook up a pimped ass set within in 2 hours of downloading. The only hard part is mapping. I think your idea is quite good, like Skincraft at newsgrounds for minecraft, but instead for toribash. It could help noobs a bit, and helps with mapping and stuff... But mainly this is more for the lazy ass people.
ShhhMikes Moderated Message:
I need big juicy celery sticks ;3