Ranking
Original Post
Options for disabling custom sounds.
Hi
The kiai was added with the best intentions and I really like it when people use it correctly, but this addition to the game is so commonly mistreated as a place to show off their favorite music.
Especially dubstep...
When I play Toribash I do so with the default music off so I can listen to my own playlist, which I assume others do as well.
I still need the general sounds from Toribash to know when it's my turn or to not forget I exist after I tab down, so muting Toribash fully would not do it.
As you might have guessed or experienced, the problem comes when you're basically forced to listen to two songs at the same time..
Then they announce grab-sounds and dq-sounds.... and ofc people jam in their music on these 3 items, making playing and listening to music terrible.
Then as the match finishes, they're all played back and forth over each-other multiple times.

Delegalize dubstep

Please include multiple options for disabling custom sounds or create some system for regulating what people put in there.
The latter would be the best from my perspective, although not that realistic I guess.
Last edited by Hattersin; Oct 25, 2014 at 03:08 PM.
PM me with any and all questions
mute command is already used.
something like
/sound <sound> <player> <on/off> would suffice.
/sound hit1 WeooWeoo off for example.

there should still be an option for toggling a certain type of sound for all players, like
/sound kiai all off
But how would you know which hit sound it was? /sound hit1? .-. That wouldn't make sense. Just /sound kiai/hitsound <player> off. and /sound hitsound/Kiai all off for everyone.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Couldn't agree more, Kiais and win/loss/dq sounds were a nice addition, although there are some pretty repulsive Kiais out there, but grip/hit sounds are really just far too much. I feel like the original point of them was that they were an easy item that could be introduced to generate some cash however they really do have a negative impact on the game. It is very rare that anything that could be considered as a good use of them is seen, in most cases users just upload something that is obnoxiously loud or annoying and you have to listen to it with every turn frame.

Win/loss/entry sounds were a good non intrusive way of allowing for further customization of your tori and the atmosphere it creates, however some kind of equalizer might be a good idea to avoid obnoxiously loud dubstep. In regards to grip/hit sounds, if I could have my way I would go to the extreme of removing/discontinuing all of them and temp ban anyone to suggest anything of the sort ever again.