Ranking
Original Post
50k Bi-Weekly Tournament
Title.
Thoughts?

Maybe 50k is too much or too little, but a Bi-Weekly Tourney would be pretty cool.
Maybe for the top 100 players?

*EDIT*
Adding this here, so people have a general idea of how the TC generation shouldn't effect the economy too negatively.

TC Generation: This, though being slightly controversial, wouldn't be an issue. As Rank 1 rewards will be removed, that is approximately 12 million TC less being spawned a year. This 50k Bi-Weekly Tournament idea would generate 100k TC a month, resulting in 1.2 million TC year, which is still 11.8 million TC a year less than with the Rank 1 reward being active, as well as this adds some spice to the competitive side of players who would like to compete for more than just a rank, but a prize.

Some awesome replies

Last edited by Kris; Apr 5, 2017 at 08:42 PM.
Originally Posted by Creati0n View Post
50k per tourney would generate over 1.3m tc into the economy a year alone, and the ES run plenty of in-game events on a daily basis. Adding an additional limited-entry tourney won't really be a flare to the community.

Well you got to keep in mind they will also remove the rank 1 reward (which was 1 million a month) so basicly they could afford adding a 50k tourney even if it spawns 1.3m tc into economy
Originally Posted by Swosh View Post
Well you got to keep in mind they will also remove the rank 1 reward (which was 1 million a month) so basicly they could afford adding a 50k tourney even if it spawns 1.3m tc into economy

Huh, that's totally true. You're absolutely right about that—1.3m a year might not be too and thinking about it that way.
Huh, that's totally true. You're absolutely right about that—1.3m a year might not be too and thinking about it that way.

I forgot about the rank 1 earnings being dropped, this could be in place of that, I suppose? Instead of Rank 1 getting overwhelming dildo-loads of money, the top 100 players could compete for a prize or something. And with the what, 1 million a month that rank 1 was getting being dropped, 1 mil a year is a lot better for the economy.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
I do not think this could work and here's why:
With bigger prize pool obviously there will be many more players wanting to compete, and logically the room should be bigger to support more players and make the prize harder to get that in normal tourney. However this is impossible because Toribash servers can barely handle 25-30 players, let alone tourney mode of that scale.
If we really want this to work, something has to be done about Toribash servers first, and I doubt its possibility at the moment.

This isn't really a big deal; there's a pretty simple fix for it: run three servers, but for two different purposes.

The 1st and 2nd server will run with a maximum of 30 players; from there, those two winners will be advanced to the third server immediately—kinda like how players get forwarded from playing multiplayer into a matchmaking server whenever they're waiting. In this case, one player may have to wait a bit for his opponent (probably 5 to 15 minutes), but that's understandable. Match lengths vary, especially depending on the mod.

In the third server (maxclients 2), the two players will play in a best of five setting. Whoever wins will be automatically sent the prize. Again, could still be pretty neat. (:
I think this edition would be cool if it weren't for only like the top 100, i think the lower players should have a chance too.
Love You All
Originally Posted by Polaz View Post
I think this edition would be cool if it weren't for only like the top 100, i think the lower players should have a chance too.

They have access to plenty of automatic tournaments, which I think is fair enough. As lately, we have been trying to appeal to beginners and such, therefor by lowering the price of items, hosting Beginner Only events, etc, so I don't believe having an Automatic tournament set towards the top 100 players would be a serious issue. I personally am not even in the top 100, but as it stands, I have no reason to be. I was rank 6 for like a day and then didn't give a shit because it didn't really matter other than "oh wow your number is pretty cool".

So everyone will just keep talking about generated TC and completely ignore issue i brought up

Remember;
Well you got to keep in mind they will also remove the rank 1 reward (which was 1 million a month)

Okay, let me address this. As stated earlier, the Rank 1 player will not be receiving the Rank 1 prize TC anymore, which was (correct me if I am wrong) 1kk tc a month. That alone would generate 12 million TC in a year. With this Bi-Weekly 50k Automated Tournament idea, 100k would be generated a month, therefor there were be a yearly TC generation of 1.2kk TC. That's about 11.8kk less than when Rank 1 was getting the massive prize, which is a huge step in the right direction with the current economy, and since there's been this TC spawn drop, adding a Bi-Weekly 50k Automated Tournament wouldn't negatively impact the Toribash economy as harshly as it would if it were alongside the Rank 1 prize. If the Rank 1 prize was still in place, I wouldn't have made this post. And, we're also discussing replacing the 50k with an item or something, which might be the better of two routes, as TC generation is still an issue, just not as terrible as it once was.

This isn't really a big deal; there's a pretty simple fix for it: run three servers, but for two different purposes.

The 1st and 2nd server will run with a maximum of 30 players; from there, those two winners will be advanced to the third server immediately—kinda like how players get forwarded from playing multiplayer into a matchmaking server whenever they're waiting. In this case, one player may have to wait a bit for his opponent (probably 5 to 15 minutes), but that's understandable. Match lengths vary, especially depending on the mod.

In the third server (maxclients 2), the two players will play in a best of five setting. Whoever wins will be automatically sent the prize. Again, could still be pretty neat. (:

This is a genius idea. As it stands, Toribash servers struggle with upwards of 30 players or so, give or take a few. If these players were to be split in half, the impact wouldn't be terrible at all. The way you've described this method is quite well, and I can't see a flaw in it. I believe 5 - 15 minutes wait time is perfectly acceptable if you're about to get a shot at 50k TC.

Another additional idea that I believe someone mentioned earlier, was only starting the tournament when it was full (I believe it was creati0n who mentioned this). This definitely would be necessary, otherwise people would abuse this to Hell and back, if for some reason the tournament came around and not too many people were online, I am sure a clan could just walk in and walk away 50k richer.

The main idea of this Bi-Weekly Tournament is to attract players to something quite competitive with a very nice payout. This entire idea can be tweaked here and there, my post is just a starting point.
Originally Posted by SkypePro View Post
as TC generation is still an issue, just not as terrible as it once was.

TC generation is not an issue with small amounts like that, you just make it out to be.

Originally Posted by SkypePro View Post
Another additional idea that I believe someone mentioned earlier, was only starting the tournament when it was full (I believe it was creati0n who mentioned this). This definitely would be necessary, otherwise people would abuse this to Hell and back, if for some reason the tournament came around and not too many people were online, I am sure a clan could just walk in and walk away 50k richer.

This is quite a dull point again. Just think about it, what if there is, let's say, requirement of 30 people to join and only 28 players show up. What are you going to do? Cancel the tourney? Wait one hour for more people to show up? It's very inconvenient to set such specific rules for a tournament.

The idea itself of the bi-weekly or monthly tourney is not as bad, but the way this discussion is going is terrible and it doesn't give any insight on how this could be realised (besides Creati0n's post). Mentioning such insignificant issues as TC generation and overextending it to full page of discussion is not very useful.
Last edited by Smaguris; Apr 5, 2017 at 02:51 PM.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
This is quite a dull point again. Just think about it, what if there is, let's say, requirement of 30 people to join and only 28 players show up. What are you going to do? Cancel the tourney? Wait one hour for more people to show up? It's very inconvenient to set such specific rules for a tournament.

I did make the point he mentioned, but he kinda cut off part of it.

Either one of these two points should(could) be met for the server to start:

a.) The server becomes full, or

b.) 20 minutes (or however many minutes to be honest) had passed since the broadcast was sent.

In order for players to know that the server is online a red (^02) broadcast message could be sent out for players to see that the tournies are opening up. That might help the servers fill up a bit faster, and if they don't fill up, after so and so minutes the servers will start themselves (kinda like the automated tournament servers).

I think it's totally possible to do, but that's for the staff to think on. Could be pretty neat! I don't see very many issues with it. (:
Last edited by Creati0n; Apr 5, 2017 at 07:36 PM. Reason: fixed the quote
I did make the point he mentioned, but he kinda cut off part of it.

Either one of these two points should(could) be met for the server to start:
a.) The server becomes full, or

b.) 20 minutes (or however many minutes to be honest) has passed.

In order for players to know that the server is online a red (^02) broadcast message could be sent out for players to see that the tournies are opening up. That might help the servers fill up a bit faster, and if they don't fill up, after so and so minutes the servers will start themselves (kinda like the automated tournament servers).

I think it's totally possible to do, but that's for the staff to think on. Could be pretty neat! I don't see very many issues with it. (:

This is definitely something, no matter what the final choice would be, is going to be disagreed upon and agreed upon. Personally, I don't think it should start without a completely full server. This could be determined, if this were implemented, by a community vote I suppose. The broadcasting idea is a great one at that, I'll add it to the OP.