Ranking
Original Post
Multiple rings in one server NOT 2v2
Didn't wan't to necrobump this: https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=581315.
But, imagine rather than 10 people waiting in boxshu, we are all in one queue/lobby, there could be 2-4 games going on at once so multiple people can play and watch (option to not have them all be visible at once for low GPUs). Queue works as normal, whichever game ends first a new person can be put in and there could be an option to switch perfered ring. This would decrease wait times immensely and could maybe be the new default for publics. RIngs could be added as players join? Any

The previous thread was the only one I found on the subject and had no certain reply

Is this possible in the engine?

Any issues or improvements?
| REPLAYS |
Another thing that has popped into my head for this idea is that decapprizes and similar commands would have to be altered for separate rings.
| REPLAYS |
or just add global chat section and way to watch other servers while staying in queue.
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
kyoukisu, the point of this is to decrease public lobby queue time, not improve spectating.
| REPLAYS |
paid, if developers add more servers and add, what i said, it would be equal. In public lobby you will have issue with game starting (if everything is independed - why should be it on 1 server) and replay watching. Just create mod with 4-8 people starting (free spaces doesn't matter, untill all people have pairs). Most of people sitting in big queues are not willing to play much. They talk about many things, waiting somebody etc. Also to solve issue you mentioned game has "Quick Aikido" servers. There's 1 server that auto redirects you to server, where you can play pretty soon (max 4 players per room).
The concept is meant to be more seamless than just spectating other lobbies and joining. Adding more servers alone won't change he fact that there always one server that is packed with alot of afk and spetators waiting to play. We can already see whos in a lobby and how many players are in it through the server menu, yet a single large lobby for example boxshu consistenly occurs while one remains empty or just with lower skilled players. A global chat is a great idea for organizing the creating of servers, but with my idea games will be consistent and take minimal effort.
| REPLAYS |
add auto lobby rebalancement for same mod lobbies, there was thread with suggestion about kicking afk and spectating for too long players.