Ranking
Original Post
Why we have to go...
Ever since I began using the computer, I have been obsessed. Obsessed with using it, with spending time on it, with learning more about it. The computer has become my entire life, the only thing that makes me happy. This is my first year in college, I have spent as much time on the machine as I want, and it has destroyed my life. Would you like to know why I got 150 kills in the winter clan semifinals?

I did not sleep the night before. I played constantly, taking breaks to eat, and use the restroom, for more than 12 hours. This is sick, it is twisted, and it is wrong. I have other habits I maintain on the computer, such as chatting on IRC. I always have IRC open. I read what was said the night before, as soon as I wake up the next day, unless I don't sleep, which happens often. My obsession has caused me to miss meals, turn down invitations to socialize with friends, lowered my semester GPA to a 1.9, put me on academic probation, and severely depressed me for a very very long time.

It is time to quit, for me. I need to stop this altogether. I realized that I was getting genuinely angry with myself when I would lose a match I should've won, frustrated that I might not fulfill some expectation in the coming clan brawl finals. I need to drop it, everything. Abbadon has already stated he will be taking a hiatus from Toribash, and both of us here at the college have put our computers (And Abbadon's Xbox) down into storage. Personally, I will be forced to find other things to do than use the computer, for my leisure time. And, I will no longer have the wide-open endless plains of the Internet to browse and play on for indefinate periods of time.

While my time in Toribash may not end permanently here today, it will be on hold for an indeterminate period of time, and so, like Abbadon has done, I would like to nominate Slith to take my place in the finals. If nothing else, Slith has the enthusiasm and spirit of competition, and I am sure he will not let our name down in the battle against clan LOL.

After many months of play, many many games, and many friends, Abbadon and I now take our leave of Toribash. We wish you well, and may the Torigods triumph at the Winter Clan Brawl Finals.

God's peace,

Hamster
I smell flowers.
Re: Why we have to go...
Yeah, I used to be obsessed, too. Then I got a job, and started going out to parties, etc. Computer lost most of its appeal.
Go well Hamster and Abbadon. The question now is will the Winter Clan Brawl Final really be what it should have been?
ergh, i guess i have to sacrifice some days to become as good as hamster + abbadon :P anyway, good choise guys.
I wish you well. I hope we will meet again in some better day.
"Well, nevermind. We are ugly, but we have the music." -Leonard Cohen
*crys* you will be missed..... but on the other hand im now in the brawl :P
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.