Head Texture of the Month: Freestyle
Original Post
Watch Replays Ingame
So you're in a private server with some friends and you wanna watch replays with them.

Maybe make it into a command where it makes everyone spec and unable to enter like /lockdown. So you can watch replay of choice from the operators.

/ld (replay).rpl

I think it would add a little pizazz?
Last edited by 0101110; Jul 5, 2014 at 09:36 PM.
What if replays had similar names?
Like player A had a replay called Wrecked
Player B also has a replay called Wrecked,but its different
Are you living the life you really want?
Originally Posted by jinmaster View Post
What if replays had similar names?
Like player A had a replay called Wrecked
Player B also has a replay called Wrecked,but its different

Since the replay would have to be downloaded from another player, it would be renamed to wrecked_01 or something like that. Even better if the downloaded replays got saved to the autosave folder (don't wanna clutter up your real replay folder).
The question is, do the community really want to watch replays when they're in a server waiting for a fight? Seems more like an annoyance than anything else.
Originally Posted by 0101110 View Post
So you're in a private server with some friends and you wanna watch replays with them.

Maybe make it into a command where it makes everyone spec and unable to enter like /lockdown. So you can watch replay of choice from the operators.

/ld (replay).rpl

I think it would add a little pizazz?

3
Yes, i read the OP. The host can still annoy people waiting in line by executing the command. It's a perfect troll tool.
Then you could argue that "it's their server they can do what they want". Yes, but why give someone the tools to annoy players?

I can see it being used in betting servers to replay that awesome dq someone got, but other than that i don't see this being used commonly.
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Yes, i read the OP. The host can still annoy people waiting in line by executing the command. It's a perfect troll tool.
Then you could argue that "it's their server they can do what they want". Yes, but why give someone the tools to annoy players?

I can see it being used in betting servers to replay that awesome dq someone got, but other than that i don't see this being used commonly.


I don't really see it being any different then /specall and turning on /knockout in the middle of a bet server. Why would a bet host want to completely mess up a bet server in the first place just to watch one replay? If they do then the bet server wasn't very good in the first place.
No, what i meant is that it could be good for betting servers, to show a replay of an important match.
And you're right in that a server host could pretty much just kick everyone and all that, but the question is, do people really want to watch replays in a server? Isn't it easier to just send them via skype or forums instead of coding it into the game (which takes time away from other stuff)?
I still don't really se any use in this, no reason to implement something that probably isn't going to be used anyway.
I'd like to be able to watch replays while waiting for my match to alleviate some of the wait time. It's not like almost everyone doesn't do something else while they wait for their match, especially in long queues. I think it'd be an okay option to have, if you are really worried about missing your match while watching a replay I'm sure it can be made so that the window blinks when it's your turn, just like it does when you are tabbed out.

I don't know about downloading them right there in-game or loading them via a command, but simply making it so that the replays tab in the options menu doesn't take you to single player would be enough.