Toribash
Original Post
[ORMO] event: UkeLove
Lets make something kawaii as fuck.

Short prop for ~2weeks event I could host (idea was born at #ormo, and it would be cool if it could be global event tagged as ORMO one, but it's not up to me to decide on such a thing).

UkeLove:

task: make a replay (madman was first idea, but hey, it can be anything) where You are showing Your adoration toward Uke. It can be anything- hugging him, kissing his head, even holding his hand ("i like details", ~zeto, 2014)- just make and stylish and kawaii as fuck. If You would agree on such a thing, I could provide prizes and make this shit happen (I would need one or two more judges tho). It would be also great if other ORMO members would participe in it.

So, any ideas and suggestions? Main thing: should it be madman-only comp, or all type of replays should be allowed? I am not sure as it will make it hard to judge (what is better- madman showing pain and love or realistic n romantic scene?).

How did this idea get born:

share You thoughts all!
Last edited by Thrandir; May 9, 2014 at 09:19 PM.
very original idea, thinking romantic would be best
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Naw breh, we need more yandere. True love means not letting anybody else have him if you can't.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Sounds like a good plan.

I'd recommend not restricting it to madmen though, so that you can get better and more diverse results.

As long as you don't change any rules after making the event, and don't go MIA after putting the thread up, feel free to put ORMO's tag on it. (Right reserved for Larfen and Shook to override my opinion since they're probably more active at this time)

Overall it's a great initiative, Thrandir. We definitely should host more events.

I'd like to know as well if ORMO members are interested in participating though.
That would make it a sure success beforehand.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.

<3

also, i'd love to see this allow modmaking aswell
an idea was that you'd make a church or something, and have uke and tori standing on the altar

what are your thoughts about the modmaking part?
'u'
That sparks up a bit of controversy.

If you allow modmaking, will the look of the mod give you extra points even if it's just a scenario? I'm undecided
Only if you made it yourself? Yep
Will it boost you up only if it is key to making the replay? Yep
Wouldn't it stop being a "replay-making" competition if modmaking was a significant part of it? Nowadays at higher levels making a replay isn't just about clicking joints, it's about making the most of what the game can offer you

Personally, I'm totally in favor of it with predefined clear terms, but bear in mind that it may deter some people from participating.
Anyway I'd love to see a whole topic to discuss that kind of stuff.

(My answers to the questions above are whited out)
Last edited by Oblivion; May 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
I'm going to post an event project tomorrow (what will basically be full event page that would just need a bit of polishing) so we will be able to discuss every part of it. I thought that adding modmaking wouldn't be a deal, but now as You said it I am not that sure anymore. I will sleep with it and make proper project tomorrow (I got a greenlight so I can put true effort now).
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
That sparks up a bit of controversy.

If you allow modmaking, will the look of the mod give you extra points even if it's just a scenario? I'm undecided
Only if you made it yourself? Yep
Will it boost you up only if it is key to making the replay? Yep
Wouldn't it stop being a "replay-making" competition if modmaking was a significant part of it? Nowadays at higher levels making a replay isn't just about clicking joints, it's about making the most of what the game can offer you

i have the same opinion on this as i do on hacking. if it is done for something that could be done without hacking with more effort, its dumbing it down, but using it to expand possibilities is a plus
oh yeah
So is this still a thing?
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by MrJingles1 View Post
So is this still a thing?

yes, I basically finished writing it and absolutely forgot about it. Gonna post it as soon as I'm back home (~3hours).

HEY LOOK THRANDIR DID DIS. WORST BANNER EVER INCLUDED!

Of course, I am going to get some srs art. No idea how, but I will.

Please comment: post ideas / suggest changes / anything.

One word
Frees us of all the weight and pain of life:
That word is LOVE

Hello and welcome to the new ORMO replaymaking competition: UkeLove!

Everybody wants love, and so does Uke... Your task is simple- provide this amazing feeling to him in your awesome replay. It is up to you what kind of love will your replay show- it can be either realistic date with lots of hugs 'n kisses or madman presenting unavoidable connection between love and pain. Be creative, unique, stylish and always remember- DETAILS MATTER!
Each replay will be judged on creativity, style, technique, realism and general cuteness (your task is to provide love, and your replay must clearly show it- make it somehow kawaii; however, it is ORMO event and your replaymaking skill will be important factor).

If you don't know how to show your love, please download attachment from this post: it is epic replay by zeto that was inspiration for this event. It is good example of showing adoration by holding their hands at the end of replay <3

- Mod is classic.tbm, you are allowed to change game rules
- Replay hacking is not allowed
- People stealing replays will be disqualified and banned from future ORMO events
- You are allowed to post only ONE entry and edit it as many times as you want (before deadline, of course). If you change your entry, please delete old attachment. It makes judging way easier.

1st: Dragon force + 7k ToriCredits
2nd: Dragon relax + 3k ToriCredits

(note that both items need 500qi, if winner doesn't have that much then we will think about equivalent prize available for him)

Judges: Thrandir, zeto.

Deadline will be 7th June, 20:00 GMT, winners should be announced within a week.

Good luck, have fun and spread love all!

Prizes provided by: Thrandir
Attached Files
Frankly.rpl (298.6 KB, 16 views)
Last edited by Thrandir; May 15, 2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: coz love.